Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I repeat Cummings has something on Johnson. 

No it's not that

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think this is a good way to look at the situation. People are too quick to rush to these 'I bet there's a dirty video' explanations. Rather than assuming that he's a Varis-type figure with kompromat on the entire Cabinet, is it more likely that they just kind of like him, don't want him to leave, and have realised that they've been able to lie and bluff their way out of dozens of previous situations over the last few years, so why wouldn't they eventually get away with it this time too?

almost correct but with the wrong emphasis

It isn't that they like him, it's that they know a) they'd be f***ed without him, he's the brains of the operation, the mastermind of all the campaigns, the lies, the spin etc  and b) they know what he's capable of unleasing if he isn't on the inside

They simply cannot get rid of him, he's too valuable to them and their grasp on power and without him the whole shitshow collapses, especially if he's directing the opposition forces

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

J K Rowling has offered to pay whoever put up the civil service tweet a years salary if they get into trouble for it.

Fair play to her.

A year of their salary or hers?

• Haha 4

I kind of wish they’d stop saying he violated the “spirit” of the lockdown. 

He didn’t. He violated the written down rules of the lockdown. “Spirit” makes it sound like he technically was in the right. He wasn’t. 

Is this finally the moment people start to realise what a lying piece of shit Johnson is?

Probably not. 

• Like 4

I'll tell you what was bad though, the way the press and photographers behaved outside of Dominic Cummings' home. That poor little boy has enough to deal with having autism, the last thing he would need is having all those cameras and microphones pointed at him, whilst loads of people were shouting. Imagine how scary that must have been for the little fella. 

On top of all that, they were not abiding by the social distancing rules either! 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

His dad caused that by breaking the law he had put in place.

A decent dad would do the right thing, protect their children and abide by the law, and resign if they caused a national scandal.

It’s entirely Cummings’ fault, 100%.

That’s what was bad, using a child as a shield. The man’s an amoral scumbag.

Absolutely. 

29 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Of course Andrew Mitchell sees nothing wrong with having one rule for Torys and another for us plebs

rocket polisher

Brilliant. Two MPs out of 200 showing that they’re the absolute cream of the **** crop, and one of them is mine

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Brilliant. Two MPs out of 200 showing that they’re the absolute cream of the **** crop, and one of them is mine

Still can't believe people keep voting for him... Maybe this will actually be something that gets through to the people of Sutton (although I doubt it).

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Still can't believe people keep voting for him... Maybe this will actually be something that gets through to the people of Sutton (although I doubt it).

They don’t really keep voting for him specifically, it’s just a massively Tory area. A monkey in a blue tie could run here for the Tories and he’d still win. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They don’t really keep voting for him specifically, it’s just a massively Tory area. A monkey in a blue tie could run here for the Tories and he’d still win. 

Same thing with Fabricant 

Â