Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

At this moment in time yes... personally I think he should have resigned but It’s gone too far so unless this police investigation digs up something then he’s staying 

This is exactly what they want. Outrage fatigue. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They’ve even been given the template wording to fob people off with.

EY3C_fJXkAAoZSf?format=jpg&name=medium

Like Trump and his base, the tories seem so much better than Labour at manipulating social media.  

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Like Trump and his base, the tories seem so much better than Labour at manipulating social media.  

Unfortunately that is unlikely to change as you're either willing to gaslight or not.

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Unfortunately that is unlikely to change as you're either willing to gaslight or not.

Yeah, i don't want it to. I'd rather get behind a party that didn't see lying and manipulation as a core value. 

But its a powerful tool and they seem to be using it a lot. 

Norwegian news keeps going on about some doctor raging about Cummings and threatens to resign if he doesn't (or something along those lines). I came here to see the reaction to it, and maybe some thought around the hippocratic oath, but seems it's not touched on here lol. 

Or is it about 50 pages ago and I'm way to slow?

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Norwegian news keeps going on about some doctor raging about Cummings and threatens to resign if he doesn't (or something along those lines). I came here to see the reaction to it, and maybe some thought around the hippocratic oath, but seems it's not touched on here lol. 

What has the hippocratic oath got to do with anything 🤔🤔

Edited by meregreen

It's 4pm according to the torygraph. I really can't see how they're going to play it

1. Resign. Can't see it - he's sticking around for questions

2. Stick to his guns and explain he did nothing wrong. Why, after it backfired so horribly yesterday?

3. Apologise...Which would have worked yesterday, but I don't see how they can try this now without Boris looking like an even bigger fool, you can't come out and apologise less than 24 hours after the PM went on TV and said you did nothing wrong. Unless they try Patel's favourite trick "I'm sorry if people feel I broke the lockdown rules"...

Edited by Davkaus

12 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Norwegian news keeps going on about some doctor raging about Cummings and threatens to resign if he doesn't (or something along those lines). 

Worried Cummings is going to beat his PB apparently.

shipman.jpg?itok=QEper30v

• Haha 2

Either he's speaking personally, which means he shouldn't use Government property to do this, or he's speaking for the Government which means he's breaking the Spad code of conduct...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Either he's speaking personally, which means he shouldn't use Government property to do this, or he's speaking for the Government which means he's breaking the Spad code of conduct...

He's acting reasonably and following the same instincts as any spad. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah, I saw the tweet from the doctor yesterday. Didn't pay too much attention to it, I didn't know who he was and it seemed like just one in a storm of angry tweets.

Â