Generic Virus Thread

villakram

18 minutes ago, meregreen said:

What has the hippocratic oath got to do with anything 🤔🤔

I'll fully admit I'm no expert on it. I just associate it with an ethical responsibility to help those in need when needed. Thus going political and resigning as a sign of showing the finger to the politicians, instead of treating patients, might be controversial. Or maybe not. Which is why I was looking to see if it was a debate. 

I fully understand protesting against the bigger picture or the actions of those who are supposed to be leaders of a nation, but doctors are in a weird spot a lot of times, so I wondered if it was touched upon. 

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Either he's speaking personally, which means he shouldn't use Government property to do this, or he's speaking for the Government which means he's breaking the Spad code of conduct...

This whole thing is a farce. Many of those defending him now and who'll lap all this up have spent years telling us we need to rid ourselves of unelected bureaucrats.  You couldn't make it up.

• Like 2

Feel like there is a 1% chance he resigns. Doubling down on his story will be interesting if it ends up coming out later he made multiple visits and was definitely 30 miles away somewhere else they are all going to look very stupid.

Will be interesting to see where he goes with this, some sort of apology has to happen or people won’t leave it.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Wonder if he will use the emotional side. My child blah blah.....................

He seems the sort of guy if he is challenged he could lose his rag.

That would have been an ok approach if they did that Friday or Saturday. After the mass defence by the tory party there's no way that should work now. 

MP for Lichfield has made a statement on Facebook, interesting bit in bold.

I understand the anger of many people regarding the Dominic Cummings issue.  Everyone has to abide by the lock down rules during this coronavirus period for the safety of others.  It is infuriating when most have stuck to the rules while a few others have ignored them.  There cannot be one rule for some and not for others” says Michael Fabricant.

“With regard to Dominic Cummings, it is not clear he has broken the rules.

“He has a vulnerable 4-year-old and – as I understand it – when one of the child’s parents became ill, they decided to drive direct to the grandparent’s house where the child could be cared for and they could isolate for 14 days in a separate building. This is permissible under the regulations as there are clear written exemptions in the case of children’s welfare.

Provided that this was adhered to, and in particular that he did not break the full quarantine period, that he remained at home with his wife and came into no contact with others, Cummings acted within the rules.

“However, if there were undeniable evidence that he did not maintain the quarantine and so endangered others, he should, of course, be immediately sacked and face possible prosecution.

“The deputy chief medical officer for England, Dr Jenny Harries, made it clear right at the beginning of the lock-down who could look after a child if both parents or carers were incapacitated.  She said: ‘Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance. And if the individuals do not have access to care support – formal care support – or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs.’  In this instance, Cummings had access to family.

They are going down the road of child was “vulnerable” then.

Must only be a matter of time before they have CCTV of him somewhere like KFC.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Interesting precedent being set. Parental instincts can be used  as a defence it seems. 

I'm looking forward to when the banks open again.  I'll be able to spend a lot more time with the kids when I've got no mortgage to pay 👍

1 minute ago, Genie said:

MP for Lichfield has made a statement on Facebook, interesting bit in bold.

It's a complete rewrite of the rules, in real time.

The bolded is just fluff.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

“With regard to Dominic Cummings, it is not clear he has broken the rules if you are blind dumb deaf and f**ing thick

but to everyone else its sodding obvious you pompous arsehole (fabricant not Genie obv)

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

but to everyone else its sodding obvious you pompous arsehole (fabricant not Genie obv)

I agree, I read it as he believes Cummings is a bullshitting prick but as there is no rock solid evidence then he’s having to give him the benefit of the doubt as his boss told him to.

Â