Generic Virus Thread

villakram

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm still not clear on who was actually ill. I think the government are saying it's the wife, and maybe the child but not Cummings - although the wife has said that it was Cummings, who was bed bound for ten days and nursed by the child and then I think Boris suggested it was Cummings or it might not have been Cummings and certainly wasn't if any footage of him at a service station emerges. 

Do we have clarity of which of the Cummings  family was ill and at what times?

One of them might have been ill, that’s all I am aware of. 

I'd be interested to see an opinion poll of the govt/Johnson after this story has surfaced. From what I've seen on here there is no support, but on Twitter there is quite a bit more pro-Boris, anti-media sentiment. I'd be interested to see if Boris supporters are as angry as lefties or whether they believe Cummings was right to do what he did. Anyone on VT able to enlighten us all?

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Cummings has something on Boris.

Maybe. 

I would say that has a lot to owe Cummings. It was, after all, Cumming's work on the vote leave campaign that was so important for the referendum decision, which ultimately led to Johnson becoming PM. Consequently Johnson is immeasurably indebted to Cummings and as a result, he gives him the role of special adviser as a 'thank you' or something along those lines. I think that Boris is placing a greater importance of his friendship with Cummings than the rule of law and public health, because he knows without Cummings he wouldn't be where he is today. 

However, I don't know whether he would be such a loyal friend that it severely damages his own reputation. Why would he put himself in such a bad position if it were just to be a loyal friend? I think there is more to it, like you said - I think there must be a reason why Boris is willing to self-destruct his own government's reputation to protect Cummings.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Christ, hadn't even thought about the B word for a few weeks.

A health crisis, and the most important set of negotiations the country has had in decades, and who have we got at the helm? A part-time PM who can't keep his dick in his pants.

And....we also have to trust the fat clueless prick not to sell off the NHS to Donald Frump. 

This was a chance for Boris to salvage a bit of respect and come out and say that Cummings was wrong to do what he did and he will be spoken to and warned. That would have diffused the situation a bit. All he has done is dig a bigger hole for himself. 

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

Have labour finally got a half decent leader?

Depends on your take on the meaning of the word "decent". I think he had something to do with not bringing charges against Jimmy Saville when head of the CPS although, I do believe he blamed the police for not doing their jobs correctly in order to gain a prosecution. However, he was also in charge of the CPS when they made a decision not to prosecute the police officers that muddered ahem killed the Brazilian student John Charles De Menezes. 

Â