Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Why is Johnson protecting Cummings so much? Maybe it's because Cummings has proof that Johnson did shag that American businesswoman and, more shockingly, that she is evil twin sister that was separated from him at birth. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I think he had something to do with not bringing charges against Jimmy Saville when head of the CPS although, I do believe he blamed the police for not doing their jobs correctly in order to gain a prosecution.

You only think that because of edited videos. those stories and the videos were a hatchet job, pure and simple

He explained the situation fully at the time

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

You only think that because of edited videos. those stories and the videos were a hatchet job, pure and simple

He explained the situation fully at the time

Maybe so with Saville but what about the De Menezes convictions? There's no way those officers should have escaped charges given the amount of eye witnesses. It was Starmer's decision not to prosecute. 

I never did like Boris, but what he did today is beyond contemptible. He has sunk under the lowest level I thought possible for him. If the last few years are anything to go by I need to prepare myself for things to get worse. What a spineless, incompetent, hypocritical sack of shit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Maybe so with Saville but what about the De Menezes convictions? There's no way those officers should have escaped charges given the amount of eye witnesses. It was Starmer's decision not to prosecute. 

The original decision (that there was insufficient evidence to have a realistic chance of a successful prosecution of an individual police officer) was taken by the CPS when Ken McDonald was DPP, I believe.

Starmer was then DPP when the family ended their campaign to have that decision overturned and the Mirror's article from the time say he 'approved' this but it doesn't go in to detail as to what involvement he had or what 'approval' he actually made.

It may well be just that he said that there was not evidence sufficient to contradict the decision made four years earlier.

Edit: You may have more mileage in questioning his decisions about the Tomlinson case but it's probably more just a professional judgement call rather than anything bringing in to question his probity.

Edited by snowychap

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Corbyns fault, if he'd stepped aside years ago, this shower wouldn't have the keys to the kingdom

Not sure, if you think about it the only times Labour have won elections in the last 50 years is when they had a Tory as leader. Politics has gone more right wing in this country. 

2 hours ago, andym said:

Directly asked about the story that Cummings went to Barnard Castle.

Could easily have said it wasnt true, but didn't answer the question at all.

Which means it is true

Actually, I think that was very deliberate as it still gives him the smallest of rabbit holes to climb out of down the line.

16 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I repeat Cummings has something on Johnson. 

I don't think this is a good way to look at the situation. People are too quick to rush to these 'I bet there's a dirty video' explanations. Rather than assuming that he's a Varis-type figure with kompromat on the entire Cabinet, is it more likely that they just kind of like him, don't want him to leave, and have realised that they've been able to lie and bluff their way out of dozens of previous situations over the last few years, so why wouldn't they eventually get away with it this time too?

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think this is a good way to look at the situation. People are too quick to rush to these 'I bet there's a dirty video' explanations. Rather than assuming that he's a Varis-type figure with kompromat on the entire Cabinet, is it more likely that they just kind of like him, don't want him to leave, and have realised that they've been able to lie and bluff their way out of dozens of previous situations over the last few years, so why wouldn't they eventually get away with it this time too?

Indeed. He's not Chris Grayling. :)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's bet his career on him. I think Johnson wants to go, he's mel gibson in lethal weapon. Death wish. 

Just now, Jareth said:

He's bet his career on him. I think Johnson wants to go, he's mel gibson in lethal weapon. Death wish. 

I thought this, is this BJ copping out of the whole situation?

• Like 1

Â