Generic Virus Thread

villakram

There is anger over what happened, that anger can be diluted with a bit of humility or apology, or it can be increased with denial. Johnson has made it worse, he now faces a new level of anger and frustration that did not exist before. He's shit at politics. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

What if the police catch up with DC and decide he broke the law?

All it takes is one CCTV image of DC going into a petrol station or cafe in that journey. It'll happen. 

• Like 2

People will be loading up their cars now. Nobody in Govt will be able to criticise them while this abject example of one rule for you, one for us hypocrisy is allowed to Stand.

Edited by meregreen

Just now, DCJonah said:

I really hope the media do their job and do not allow this story to just go away. 

I'm hoping they have another trick up their sleeve. Yesterday's trap was amazing. If there's another twist to this story it will be a fun week.

And all of it could have been avoided if they'd just said "He **** up, there will be an internal investigation and disciplinary if needed, but he is in an important role and we will be standing behind him".

Embarrassing, but it'd have shut the story down pretty much straight away. But tories take to lying like Boris takes to cheating on his spouse. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Embarrassing, but it'd have shut the story down pretty much straight away. But tories take to lying like Boris takes to cheating on his spouse. 

The problem is that Tories are not Johnson, May resigned 1 year ago today exactly, Johnson is on his own now more than ever. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

The problem is that Tories are not Johnson, May resigned 1 year ago today exactly, Johnson is on his own now more than ever. 

We have another 4 and a half years of this shitshow. The backbenchers could rebel, but they'll be all too aware that if they do, and there's a risk of bringing down the government, they'll be risking their own seats, because another repeat of the GE results is incredibly unlikely.

I think one of the first things I learned in my career is that it's much easier and more acceptable to admit a mistake, apologise, and ensure you put it right and don't make the same mistake again than it is to try to cover it up.

Nowhere near as entertaining though. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

We have another 4 and a half years of this shitshow. The backbenchers could rebel, but they'll be all too aware that if they do, and there's a risk of bringing down the government, they'll be risking their own seats, because another repeat of the GE results is incredibly unlikely.

There is still a cabal of 'one nation' tories who can dictate things especially if the PM is incapable of governing. I don't want them to rule but I know good decent Tories and Johnson is not one of them. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I **** hope Brexit is worth all this. 

Edited by DCJonah

Directly asked about the story that Cummings went to Barnard Castle.

Could easily have said it wasnt true, but didn't answer the question at all.

Which means it is true

• Like 1

Â