Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, DCJonah said:

I **** hope Brexit is worth all this. 

Christ, hadn't even thought about the B word for a few weeks.

A health crisis, and the most important set of negotiations the country has had in decades, and who have we got at the helm? A part-time PM who can't keep his dick in his pants.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

The whole press conference was an insult

Opening to back Dom, everything said after that was without authority. The PM at any time, cannot lead without authority. He's toast - and he did not need to be. He's an idiot. 

• Like 1

Honestly where are the journalists who can ask the right questions?

All they have to do is quote the own government's advice to show he broke the rules. And if Johnson claims it was to protect his child, why is nobody asking why he received no childcare from his family? And why was it never mentioned you can use your instincts to look after your children? 

The notion that everyone else who has looked after their kids while they are ill and didn't seek help from other family are bad parents is gaslighting on an unimaginable scale. There are thousands upon thousands of families, including family of mine, who had both contracted the virus and continued to look after their children as they believed these were the rules. It leaves me lost for words that this is bad parenting, and breaking the lockdown rules, putting elderly family members at risk is good parenting.

I have never been a fan of Johnson but I have always believed he is acting in what he believes is the best way for the country, even if I disagree with his vision. However it is now palpably clear that this is absolutely untrue - he will look after his chums to the hilt, regardless of the legality of their actions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadridVilla said:

Honestly where are the journalists who can ask the right questions?

Being muted while the PM hastily moves along to the next question, mostly

Anyone that dared push him was spoken over and ignored. 

The Trump comparisons become more appropriate each week.

3 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

why is nobody asking why he received no childcare from his family?

Someone asked that but the wider point is correct.

PM should have been asked if Cummings or his wife had done a covid test. 

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Someone asked that. 

And many will ask it next week. There's about 5 good solid questions currently unanswered that will fill all political space until they are answered and there is nothing they can do to change that. 

I'm still not clear on who was actually ill. I think the government are saying it's the wife, and maybe the child but not Cummings - although the wife has said that it was Cummings, who was bed bound for ten days and nursed by the child and then I think Boris suggested it was Cummings or it might not have been Cummings and certainly wasn't if any footage of him at a service station emerges. 

Do we have clarity of which of the Cummings  family was ill and at what times?

Think Peston’s reaction when it went back to him summed it up, didn’t answer one question and completely ignored the castle question, Let’s hope they don’t let this go esp as everyone has adhered to this lockdown so far

Â