Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Couple of weeks after VE day celebrations, general loosening of lock down rules, now being told it is fine to to use our instincts and ignore the rules.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Couple of weeks after VE day celebrations, general loosening of lock down rules, now being told it is fine to to use our instincts and ignore the rules.

I thought it might be another week before the kick up in numbers, but this could be it.

Edited by Genie

the crossover between Brexit headbangers and Pro-Cummings is just insane.

But leaving all that to one side, at the heart of all this is a human story about two concerned parents making the best plans they could, within the rules, to ensure that the care would be there for their vulnerable young toddler if they suddenly found themselves unable to provide it. We should not begrudge them that.

https://www.conservativehome.com/platform/2020/05/darren-grimes-in-defence-of-cummings.html

I think it’s only just sinking in that Johnson was live on TV praising someone’s instinct to be a good dad.

Johnson’s assessment of what makes a good dad, now that would be a scoring system I’d love to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

the crossover between Brexit headbangers and Pro-Cummings is just insane.

https://www.conservativehome.com/platform/2020/05/darren-grimes-in-defence-of-cummings.html

That’s the same Tom Harwood who was absolutely livid when that professor broke the lockdown. 

I despise everyone saying “he did nothing wrong” trying to rewrite history. He did plenty wrong. 

He could sacrifice a new born in the street and these same people would be defending him 

• Like 1

My next door neighbour has had her parents round today all sitting in the back garden. Just noticed the guy over the road putting a box of budweiser in the back of his car and heading off out (yes I am a nosy bastard).

Some people don't need an excuse or means to justify being selfish bastards but I am sure across the country we are now going to see plenty of people taking the governments advice and no longer following the rules but using their instincts.

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think he’ll resign but carry on as usual in the background, how would anyone know if he’s pulling the strings or not? 

Can't attend meetings without his status for starters, doesn't paid is another

Just now, bickster said:

Can't attend meetings without his status for starters, doesn't paid is another

Maybe not physically but most meetings are virtual for the time being anyway, and yeah he can’t officially be on the payroll but if Jennifer Acuri can get money without doing anything wrong (apparently) then I can’t see why Dom would have much trouble 

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He is making a statement and taking questions later on today

That's quite a gamble.

I've seen him 'taking questions' before in front of a select committee. He does not come across well.

• Like 1

Just now, snowychap said:

That's quite a gamble.

I've seen him 'taking questions' before in front of a select committee. He does not come across well.

He doesn't need to. They are doing this so they can say "what a man, he did it for his kids" and then going back to lying about everything to make sure us plebs keep arguing so we forget about it all.

4 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

He doesn't need to.

I think he does.

If he is himself when answering questions, i.e. arrogant, dismissive, unrepentant, then it will just add more fuel to the fire.

Most of the country haven't seen him in action - if they do (and he doesn't put on an act of being something other than he is) then they'll actually get to see just how much of an obnoxious piece of work he is.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Â