Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just took the horse and cart down town and it's busier than it has been in months. I estimate I must have seen 100 people at least, as well as busy roads. 

Proud that I was so alert 😊

31 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Just took the horse and cart down town and it's busier than it has been in months. I estimate I must have seen 100 people at least, as well as busy roads. 

Proud that I was so alert 😊

I popped a card through my brothers door yesterday (nephews birthday today) and saw no less than 4 separate gatherings of teenagers milling about. I guess the parents have got fed up of them in the house.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I popped a card through my brothers door yesterday (nephews birthday today) and saw no less than 4 separate gatherings of teenagers milling about. I guess the parents have got fed up of them in the house.

I think it's a two way thing.

Imagine being a teenager and having to stay in your house everyday?  It would **** suck. 

Tough tits, but I feel their pain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I just got a news alert that loss of smell and taste have been added to the list of symptoms people should self isolate with...

eerrrrr HELLO, have I woken up in March?

Finally something we can agree on 😁

• Haha 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I think it's a two way thing.

Imagine being a teenager and having to stay in your house everyday?  It would **** suck. 

Tough tits, but I feel their pain. 

Yeah, I agree with the sentiment. I can imagine a moody teenager locked in for 8 weeks is pretty tough (even with “art sites”, Xbox, music, video calling etc).

33 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

A loss of taste is something we should self isolate for? Somebody tell Bicks. Music taste is a sure fire obvious lack of taste, right?

We all know you have the complete discography of Boyz 2 Men in your collection :mrgreen:

• Haha 2

I got the bus home from work today. I got on it and every seat had at least one person sat on it, despite the signs saying to sit at least two seats apart. I didn't fancy being that packed in so went upstairs thinking it would be better but it was just the same. I saw a guy I worked with a couple of years ago so sat by him because I at least knew him. 

Social distancing on that bus was non-existent and, made especially worse by the fact there were loads of people coughing. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I got the bus home from work today. I got on it and every seat had at least one person sat on it, despite the signs saying to sit at least two seats apart. I didn't fancy being that packed in so went upstairs thinking it would be better but it was just the same. I saw a guy I worked with a couple of years ago so sat by him because I at least knew him. 

Social distancing on that bus was non-existent and, made especially worse by the fact there were loads of people coughing. 

I got a single-decker to work this morning. The distancing signs have all been removed now. People everywhere and coughing. 

Just noticed as I got off the bus that the seat behind the driver is taped off to protect him. Also, a woman sat in front of me had an NHS lanyard around her neck and blue nurses uniform on. No face masks or gloves worn by anyone, seemingly. 

Quite literally looks like the herd immunity programme is now in full force. 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I got a single-decker to work this morning. The distancing signs have all been removed now. People everywhere and coughing. 

Just noticed as I got off the bus that the seat behind the driver is taped off to protect him. Also, a woman sat in front of me had an NHS lanyard around her neck and blue nurses uniform on. No face masks or gloves worn by anyone, seemingly. 

Quite literally looks like the herd immunity programme is now in full force. 

It’s appalling isn’t it.

Seems like the bus company didn’t have a double decker so we’re faced with the realisation that there wouldn’t be enough seats on a single decker with social distancing. They could have 1) sourced a double decker 2) added a second single decker or 3) remove social distancing measures.... and went for option 3).

Edited by Genie

Am I missing something? We are in the mist of easing lockdown but still posting an average of 500 a day dying. Should it not be around 200 and dipping by now. By the end of all this we will be touching close to 100k😳

Â