Generic Virus Thread

villakram

One wonders how many families packing the beaches up and down the country today are the same ones in no rush to go back to work or send their kids back to school 
:ph34r:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

One wonders how many families packing the beaches up and down the country today are the same ones in no rush to go back to work or send their kids back to school 

Wouldnt suprise me

Too many idiots over here thats why the infection rate wont drop.

In cyprus they have opened beaches and allow you to swim not sunbathe or sit down. This was obviously gonna happen over here people flogging to the beach 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Too many idiots over here thats why the infection rate wont drop.

In cyprus they have opened beaches and allow you to swim not sunbathe or sit down. This was obviously gonna happen over here people flogging to the beach 

john huston work GIF by Warner Archive

quick get to the beach! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

It actually doesn’t seem to though. It goes through care homes like wildfire but in children they don’t usually even get a cough so they are not snotting everywhere or sneezing everywhere or coughing and spluttering, they are usually asymptomatic which makes it more difficult for the virus to spread. From what I’ve read, if it spread between children the way colds and flu usually do we would have way more infected than we do. It’s a bit on an unusual virus in that regard. 

More difficult possibly, but certainly not impossible, and if anything this seems like a reason to be more cautious about returning to school. If lots and lots of children who are carrying the virus are asymptomatic, to a larger extent than the rest of the population, then parents and children will not know that they are sick, and they will merrily continue attending school and spreading the virus.

• Like 2

I do wonder what percentage of those people object to going back to work or the ones with kids object sending them back to school.  Because clearly none of these people care about getting sick.

if i was silly enough to go down had i seen even half of that i would have turned back and gone home.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I do wonder what percentage of those people object to going back to work or the ones with kids object sending them back to school.  Because clearly none of these people care about getting sick.

if i was silly enough to go down had i seen even half of that i would have turned back and gone home.

I think these are the kind of words removed who will send kids back with no caution and put everyone else at risk.n

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

More difficult possibly, but certainly not impossible, and if anything this seems like a reason to be more cautious about returning to school. If lots and lots of children who are carrying the virus are asymptomatic, to a larger extent than the rest of the population, then parents and children will not know that they are sick, and they will merrily continue attending school and spreading the virus.

Add in hayfever issues - i.e. things that cause sneezing unrelated to the virus itself.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting to watch the medical chap on today's briefing - he was presenting a number of graphs showing reductions in admissions, case numbers, new cases and deaths and talking about us being past the peak of the virus - he was very clear that this was in no small part down to our efforts on Social Distancing, in fact, he repeated the link between things getting better and social distancing by saying the phrase social distancing are 15-20 times in around three minutes. What he didn't say at all in the entire time he was up there were he words, lockdown or isolation. It looked to me like the continuation of the presentation of a narrative that disconnects lockdown from any progress in preventing the spread of the virus; one that says, "You can get back to work".

Have they ever called it a lockdown?

Genuine question. I remember when it was announced having the discussion that they'd very carefully not used the term lockdown in the announcement,

At the time I thought it was so that they could end up saying "we beat the virus and never actually went into lockdown!". But I don't think they'd be doing that now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I know this isn't what you're saying, but I've noticed a growing trend of people saying stuff like "I bet the people at the beach are the same people too laxy to come off furlough" or similar.

Basically the implication that people are choosing to be furloughed and are too lazy to go back to work.

Again I know that's not what you're saying, it just reminded me of that so I"m thinking out loud. As someone who has been furloughed it's pissing me off!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Add in hayfever issues - i.e. things that cause sneezing unrelated to the virus itself.

. . . and also all the shared surfaces, in door handles, coat racks, lockers, everything in the bathroom etc. Really not convinced.

• Like 1

Â