Generic Virus Thread

villakram

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m glad Italy and Spain seem to be over  the worst ,and death rates are coming down like predicted. 

Trouble with the figures Fri/Mon they all suffer from input lag, Even in the UK yesterday and todays figures are a false sense of security. 

Tomorrows figures  will probably double and just go virtical throughout the week, possibly starting to peak over the bank holiday! 

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Still shocking to me how quickly it spread. From a few cases in China 3 months ago to the world. Conspiracy theorists dream. 

The spreading part wouldn’t be the conspiracy. It’s a contagious virus. That’s what it does. 

I’ve been watching the daily updates every day. I avoid the news the rest of the day so it’s my hour where I get up to date on what’s going on. 

The press conferences are driving me mad. The same questions every single day. I could stand up there now and answer the questions. And probably do a better job in some cases. 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve been watching the daily updates every day. I avoid the news the rest of the day so it’s my hour where I get up to date on what’s going on. 

The press conferences are driving me mad. The same questions every single day. I could stand up there now and answer the questions. And probably do a better job in some cases. 

I've only watched the "Lockdown Special" S1 E1. Thought the acting was shit so I haven't bothered with the rest

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The spreading part wouldn’t be the conspiracy. It’s a contagious virus. That’s what it does. 

One expert I saw being interviewed said that humans wouldn't be able to create a virus as effective as this one that has occurred naturally.

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

One expert I saw being interviewed said that humans wouldn't be able to create a virus as effective as this one that has occurred naturally.

That’s what they want you to believe. conspiracy theory mood GIF

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Journalism at its worse , boxed pre picked questions and answers that have no facts just froth. 

The lack of any talent in the government of this country is nearly as terrifying as the virus 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

Journalism at its worse , boxed pre picked questions and answers that have no facts just froth. 

The lack of any talent in the government of this country is nearly as terrifying as the virus 

True, although Raab eventually gave in and admitted he hadn't actually spoken to Boris since Saturday. Whether that's significant or not I don't know but at least somebody managed to get that answer out of him.

33 minutes ago, tinker said:

It annoys me as well that half the questions asked by the journalists have been asked by a different journalist about 2 minutes before. Surely have a list of questions and if one gets answered then ask something else?!

Its infuriating

39 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

True, although Raab eventually gave in and admitted he hadn't actually spoken to Boris since Saturday. Whether that's significant or not I don't know but at least somebody managed to get that answer out of him.

It certainly begs the question of how all three of (i) Johnson is still in charge (ii) Raab is in day-to-day control and (iii) they haven't spoken to each other, can be true at the same time. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

It’s only Monday, so they spoke Saturday. Boris goes into Hospital Sunday night. I’m not sure it’s really a big issue/story.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It certainly begs the question of how all three of (i) Johnson is still in charge (ii) Raab is in day-to-day control and (iii) they haven't spoken to each other, can be true at the same time. 

I thought it said it all when within minutes of each other on live reports today there was "Johnson can still lead the country from hospital", and "Today's cabinet meeting is cancelled because Johnson isn't there".

Edited by Davkaus

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sars was contagious too smarty pants. It just didn't spread as much as Covid19, i'd explain why, but you probably already know.

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Sars was contagious too smarty pants. It just didn't spread as much as Covid19, i'd explain why, but you probably already know.

Calm down. I was just saying a contagious disease being contagious wasn’t much of an conspiracy theory 

edit: and yes I do already know why. And it’s not a conspiracy theory. Shockingly

Edited by Stevo985

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

At one point in mid-March, we were tracking Austria's numbers quite closely as I recall. Now they have 12,058 cases, while we have 48,451, almost exactly four times as many.

So they have it twice as bad as us as we have 8 times the population, plus significantly more high density large cities. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So they have it twice as bad as us as we have 8 times the population, plus significantly more high density large cities. 

Wouldn’t all the maths depend on equal or proportionate levels of testing?

Â