Generic Virus Thread

villakram

The White House Coronavirus coordinator has said that they'd be doing well to have between 100,000 to 200,000 deaths. That is if all Americans adhere to what they are being asked to do. Trump has said the same that they will have done a very good job to limit deaths to 100,000 - 200,000. This from someone who was totally playing things down a few days ago and pretty much didn't give a shit a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by markavfc40

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

What if I go to my local shop buy bread, milk and 12 cans of San Miguel?

Genuine. Haven't had a good beer in weeks now.

I've got a bottle of JD in the cupboard but no point drinking any because I have still got no taste or sense of smell. 

5 hours ago, sne said:

Stores in L.A are starting to prep for looting and riots. Emptying their shelves of high end stuff and boarding up their windows

22b4d9b902f74f51a707ae02158bc203_md.jpga574b2706eac4867b0a1fe21c0390aeb_md.jpg

See, this is my worry. Imagine if it kicks off there and people are getting essentials that people are struggling to get here. How soon before the idiots start it here? If that happens, don't bother with Police, send the army in and shoot them. 

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

See, this is my worry. Imagine if it kicks off there and people are getting essentials that people are struggling to get here. How soon before the idiots start it here? If that happens, don't bother with Police, send the army in and shoot them. 

Shooting the general public tends to have the opposite affect to what you’re hoping for

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

Think there is a real risk of it getting ugly in some places when people get desperate. Outside China and North Korea not many places can contain people like that. (Thankfully)

I also think there will be quite a lot of anger and resentment towards those among the very rich who doesn't fully grasp how dire the situation will become for some people. 

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The White House Coronavirus coordinator has said that they'd be doing well to have between 100,000 to 200,000 deaths. That is if all Americans adhere to what they are being asked to do. Trump has said the same that they will have done a very good job to limit deaths to 100,000 - 200,000. This from someone who was totally playing things down a few days ago and pretty much didn't give a shit a couple of weeks ago.

He still doesn't give a shit now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sne said:

Stores in L.A are starting to prep for looting and riots. Emptying their shelves of high end stuff and boarding up their windows

22b4d9b902f74f51a707ae02158bc203_md.jpga574b2706eac4867b0a1fe21c0390aeb_md.jpg

Look at that west elm building, absolutely gorgeous.

Sex in white render.

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Another classic police tweet FAO @Davkaus:

I absolutely cannot fathom how they have concluded that 'multiple people going to the shops' is a crime, let alone how they consider themselves able to judge what 'non-essential items' are.

We're now at a point where the police are posing a major problem. How can we ever *gradually* return to normal, when it is clear that police will simply ignore any exceptions, and write up whoever they want for whatever they feel like?

Going back to this, if you go out for a drive and don't get out of the car until you get back home, how is this a problem? people need to do that to stop their batteries going flat so its easy to argue it's possibly an essential journey!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

A couple of weeks ago he said that the number of cases in the US would soon be down to zero, and in fairness to him, there are a lot of zeros in those numbers.

The most zeros of anyone, 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Going back to this, if you go out for a drive and don't get out of the car until you get back home, how is this a problem? people need to do that to stop their batteries going flat so its easy to argue it's possibly an essential journey!

The only suggestion I've seen - and it hasn't come from police themselves, who just seem to assume that it's obvious - is that they don't want people clogging up the roads so blue lights can go as fast as possible, and that they don't want the possibility of the RAC being called to a breakdown or them being called to an accident.

But yeah, it would be a complete disaster to be struggling, unable to breathe, and then your wife can't get the **** car started cos the battery's flat.

• Like 1

Â