Generic Virus Thread

villakram

31 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Dr John does seem a little naive with a lot of things especially holding the WHO on some sort of pedestal. I watched the following video about the head of the WHO Tedros the other day and from the limited research I did off the back of it I couldn't argue with the main thrust of what this person said about him and the WHO as an organisation - anyone want to defend either of them and rubbish the video?

You would be well advised not to buy a used car from him.

The Canadian researcher Polly St. George has this interesting YouTube video detailing the wider money-go-round of various international health initiatives:

Crikey I thought the lady in the second video was some sort of evil Theresa May-Katie Hopkins hybrid for a second.

32 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Dr John does seem a little naive with a lot of things especially holding the WHO on some sort of pedestal. I watched the following video about the head of the WHO Tedros the other day and from the limited research I did off the back of it I couldn't argue with the main thrust of what this person said about him and the WHO as an organisation - anyone want to defend either of them and rubbish the video?

You would be well advised not to buy a used car from him.

The Canadian researcher Polly St. George has this interesting YouTube video detailing the wider money-go-round of various international health initiatives:

Different guy, same organisation shilling for China. WHO is totally compromised and changes will have to be made after this is over. 

43 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd have told them to either go away or arrest me, tbh.

The **** nerve of them.

They had the definite whiff of power mad Simps. 

Edited by pas5898
I can't spell

of the COVID-19 virus

Respiratory infections can be transmitted through droplets of different sizes: when the droplet particles are >5-10 μm in diameter they are referred to as respiratory droplets, and when then are <5μm in diameter, they are referred to as droplet nuclei.1 According to current evidence, COVID-19 virus is primarily transmitted between people through respiratory droplets and contact routes.2-7 In an analysis of 75,465 COVID-19 cases in China, airborne transmission was not reported.8

https://www.who.int/news-room/commentaries/detail/modes-of-transmission-of-virus-causing-covid-19-implications-for-ipc-precaution-recommendations

Well deserved

PASTOR RODNEY HOWARD-BROWNEARRESTED FOR PACKED CHURCH ...Violating Social Distancing

ff96b8f15a4442ee87faa290bac24feb_md.jpg

Tampa's controversial Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne is now a wanted man after holding services Sunday at his River Church -- openly defying the law and science during the coronavirus pandemic.

Pastor Browne bragged during the service that River Church would remain open for the duration ...

he boasted, "The only time the church will close is when the Rapture is taking place" ... the fact is the County had already issued a "safer-at-home" order banning gatherings of no more than 10 people.

11:28 AM PT -- Howard-Browne has officially been arrested and looks none too pleased in his mug shot. He's been booked for unlawful assembly and for violating health and safety rules

https://www.tmz.com/2020/03/30/river-church-pastor-rodney-howard-browne-arrrest-warrant-coronavirus-social-distancing/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'd have told them to either leave me alone immediately or arrest me, tbh.

I top up every time I put any petrol in. What **** business is it of theirs. Fuel rationing wasn't in the new Act.

Absolutely , we are going to see so many things like this over the coming weeks and months!

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I think the worst thing about all this is if it is going to take you then if you are in hospital you are going to have to go without your family around you. I mean how terrible is that. Just watching ITV news now and someone saying they had to say goodbye to their mom on the phone. Heartbreaking.

My wife lost her dad last Friday week (not Croronavirus) Her mum has also been in hospital for 3 weeks and comes out Tomorrow back to the empty family home.   How do you deal with that? My wife went to the house today to drop off some shopping, first time back since her dad died and it hit her hard because of all the posesions there, the pictures he painted, clothes, the memories.  How do you let her mum go through that alone?  But imagine if you took the virus in with you???? Terrible dilemma 🙁

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

1262349.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Yes, I saw that and thought he would get pelters.  They really need to have a wet sponge on the lectern where they have to turn paper pages. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Pretty sure the in laws have got it. 

Father in law had really bad cold and hot fevers a couple of days ago and both have lost sense of smell and taste. 

Both around 70 yrs old and I'm expecting the worst every day. 

Apparently the loss of smell/taste is a side effect of the less aggressive form so they might actually have got lucky. Fingers crossed for you and yours that is the case. 🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

A couple of weeks ago he said that the number of cases in the US would soon be down to zero, and in fairness to him, there are a lot of zeros in those numbers.

The most zeros of anyone, 

They are really super zeros though, the best, really..... The best.

• Like 1

My view might change once this is all over but .. I was already falling out with football for a while now (FFP and VAR etc) but this has just reaffirmed my thought that I really don’t care about football anymore and haven’t missed it all. I’ve used the Sky “pause” subscription they have offered but I think I’ll most likely bin the sports altogether once it’s all over. 

4 hours ago, sne said:

I also think there will be quite a lot of anger and resentment towards those among the very rich who doesn't fully grasp how dire the situation will become for some people. 

NINTCHDBPICT000573946496-e1585485502690.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 26/03/2020 at 15:57, Awol said:

The idea that there’s a pool of untapped epidemiological talent in Scotland waiting to be unlocked by Sturgeon is arsecakes, and pure politicking on her part. 

80E12670-0A9C-4F96-8170-A8DCC5847F5A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Â