Generic Virus Thread

villakram

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The only suggestion I've seen - and it hasn't come from police themselves, who just seem to assume that it's obvious - is that they don't want people clogging up the roads so blue lights can go as fast as possible, and that they don't want the possibility of the RAC being called to a breakdown or them being called to an accident.

But yeah, it would be a complete disaster to be struggling, unable to breathe, and then your wife can't get the **** car started cos the battery's flat.

Exactly. That Warringon Police account appears to be run by a right bunch of whoppers.

These caught the eye

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . and yet more over-reaching:

I'm a tolerant man but if I can't get a Twirl easter egg tomorrow I will unleash hell on my local Sainsbury's!

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Are there places where the police are routinely stopping motorists? Genuine question, I've only been out once in a week!

I'm wondering this as well (I've only driven to a dog park about four streets away).

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Are there places where the police are routinely stopping motorists? Genuine question, I've only been out once in a week!

From what I read they seem to be active around places like the Peak District, Dartmoor, Exmoor, etc... national park type places. Also on motorways stopping people. 

I'm surprised the number of deaths has actually gone down for the past few days.  Obviously need to be cautious when looking at figures over a short space of time, I'm not sure whether it happened elsewhere before the number surged up again.

I live on the outskirts of Doncaster, I’ve been out to the shops/supermarkets most days in the last week. I haven’t been stopped, or seen anyone being stopped. In fact I’ve only seen a few police cars around, the latest was today at the local co-op, he was in there buying lunch. 

I think the majority of police stops are taking place at places of public interest, or the roads leading to them. I have a colleague in North Yorkshire who said they’d set up a road block on some of the routes leading to the coast. 

I think the worst thing about all this is if it is going to take you then if you are in hospital you are going to have to go without your family around you. I mean how terrible is that. Just watching ITV news now and someone saying they had to say goodbye to their mom on the phone. Heartbreaking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Dead bodies are loaded into a refrigerated truck with a forklift outside a Brooklyn hospital

Horrifying footage has emerged of dead bodies being loaded onto a refrigerated truck with a forklift outside Brooklyn Hospital in New York City.

New York City is expecting its 'peak' in the next few weeks and there is a frantic race against time to prepare the already inundated hospital system for it when it comes.

While it is the epicenter now, experts including the White House's most authoritative voice on the subject - Dr. Anthony Fauci -  say other cities will soon experience similarly distressing outbreaks. 

26581342-8167283-image-a-7_1585566684533

26566586-8166105-image-a-80_158553444644

Daily Mail 

Trump claims his actions saved TWO MILLION

President Donald Trump said on Sunday that he would consider it a 'win' and a 'very good job' if he can manage to keep the death toll from coronavirus to between 100,000 and 200,000 since estimates put it at more than 2 million if he did nothing.

Daily Mail

Surely It's just too early to say anything and predict the death rate in the US? 

4 hours ago, Awol said:

Anyone appearing on RT, however well intentioned, is letting the side down. 

Dr John does seem a little naive with a lot of things especially holding the WHO on some sort of pedestal. I watched the following video about the head of the WHO Tedros the other day and from the limited research I did off the back of it I couldn't argue with the main thrust of what this person said about him and the WHO as an organisation - anyone want to defend either of them and rubbish the video?

You would be well advised not to buy a used car from him.

The Canadian researcher Polly St. George has this interesting YouTube video detailing the wider money-go-round of various international health initiatives:

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

In Leicester they were questioning people outside petrol stations yesterday. 

I was heading from Leicester to Redditch to deliver shopping for my mother who is stuck indoors for the next few months. 

I put £30 fuel in and they were asking me why I needed so much, if I was working from home, can't my mom go shopping (she's 62 with failing kidneys and a heart condition). Was quite unnerving to be honest. 

1 minute ago, pas5898 said:

I put £30 fuel in and they were asking me why I needed so much

I'd have told them to either leave me alone immediately or arrest me, tbh.

I top up every time I put any petrol in. What **** business is it of theirs. Fuel rationing wasn't in the new Act.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Pretty sure the in laws have got it. 

Father in law had really bad cold and hot fevers a couple of days ago and both have lost sense of smell and taste. 

Both around 70 yrs old and I'm expecting the worst every day. 

I think if you've emerged yourself in all this then you can get to thinking if someone you know gets it, especially if they are quite elderly, they are going to get it bad. I know it is easier said than done mate to not be really worried but the odds are heavily stacked that they will be okay.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I think if you've emerged yourself in all this then you can get to thinking if someone you know gets it, especially if they are quite elderly, they are going to get it bad. I know it is easier said than done mate to not be really worried but the odds are heavily stacked that they will be okay.

Cheers mate. 

When speaking to my wife I've been exactly that. Told her that still a small percentage of elderly people have it really bad and that they are both doing ok at the moment, just feel a little rough. 

In my head I'm waiting for horrible news. Wish I could change that mindset. 

Â