Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, Genie said:

VT has never heard of Peter Kay 😉 

Remember when we did though ?

Dog poos were white back then and you could win a meat raffle every week.

Remember that  ?

Remember ?

Bread.

With garlic ?

Remember ?

How funny are nans eh ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think we are seeing the very worst and the very best of the human race during this event. 

Indeed, it feels like there has also been a wonderfully British reaction based on either dark gallows humour or sheer and utter panic with not much in between.

14 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The government have just announced they are going to spend £2.9 billion to help sort out a long-running problem in the NHS of bed blocking that is now going to become critical caused by elderly and vulnerable people who are fit to go home but have no safe home to go to.

FFS this is something that has needed to be sorted for years, a problem they created by decimating social care. I agree with others you can't point the finger at the Tories for what has happened, and it is obviously unrealistic to run a country to be capable of instantly dealing with something like this, but if they had just taken better care of the public services we are now going to be so reliant on then we could have been better prepared.

I agree mostly but tbh mate the NHS as a whole as bled money unnecessarily for absolute years. My missus and several family members have some absolute shocking tales of money literally been poured down the drain by total mismanagement from within. Far too many levels of management on massive wages who do the square root of F all for it either. Throwing money at it all the time is not necessarily always the answer to it, it needs to be managed correctly too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

In Tesco we were allowed one bottle or one carton. But my missus is lactose intolerant and only only drinks goats milk. She’ll have to go without.  

Pay for your regular milk, put it in the car and then go back in wearing this. Perfect crime. 

s-l640.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Due to lack of choice I've unwittingly bought an enchilada ready meal that's got sweetcorn in it.  **** this virus.

Scoop the corn into some cling film. I'll give you 25g of Sudocreme for it.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Is it? Always thought it referenced our natural inclinations to be both good and evil, dependent on the context and parameters.

In philosophical terms it's about the mind and body being seperate things.

It's a long time since I did my first (only) year of a philosophy degree but I've recently been listening to the History of Philosophy without any gaps podcast so the dualism bit in there is quite fresh.

*Obligatory quote:

Peter Adamson, Professor of Philosophy at the LMU in Munich and at King’s College London, takes listeners through the history of philosophy, “without any gaps”.

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

I thought it was me but it seems unbeknowingly to me, @Mic09got in with that one first on Jan 26th (I was 28th)

Sue for copyright!

Why are there men in black suits outside my door?

• Haha 1

On 18/03/2020 at 15:54, bickster said:

Has there been any discussion of this on here?

This looks like it’s starting to gain some serious traction. 

French clinical trial reporting 100% treatment success rate (I haven’t seen the detail - numbers/demographics etc). 

FDA have approved it for use in the States to treat Coronavirus patients. Agent Orange says it’s showing ‘tremendous promise’ 

UK clinical trial started/starting and we’ve banned all exports of this drug and a couple of others they think might work. 

Both Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine potentially work apparently. 

It sounds promising. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

FDA have approved it for use in the States to treat Coronavirus patients.

Have they? It didn't sound like that during their daily update but perhaps I heard it wrong.

Edit:

12 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

UK clinical trial started/starting and we’ve banned all exports of this drug and a couple of others they think might work.

Why? It's a global issue.

Edited by snowychap

NB: purely selfish post...

supposed to be completing on a house purchase either tomorrow or early next week. Kinda don’t want to now! Dreading what’s gonna happen a bit further down the line, especially if one or both of my wife or I lose our jobs. 

Weve already ‘completed’ on our house sale, we exchange next week. Living with the in-laws currently. 

**** knows what I want to do right now. 

Edited by Tayls

13 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

This looks like it’s starting to gain some serious traction. 

French clinical trial reporting 100% treatment success rate (I haven’t seen the detail - numbers/demographics etc). 

FDA have approved it for use in the States to treat Coronavirus patients. Agent Orange says it’s showing ‘tremendous promise’ 

Both Chloroquine and Hydroxychloroquine potentially work apparently. 

It sounds promising. 

It was already FDA approved but they have accelerated matters so it can be approved for this new use , but I don’t think it’s officially been approved yet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

have you noticed how supermarkets  seem to run out of milk chocolate McVities but dark chocolate is available in abundance 

This is basically you working from home here isn’t it?

We’re not your average gullible punters here matey.

• Haha 4

Â