Generic Virus Thread

villakram

46 minutes ago, Xela said:

Morrisons in Aldridge was quiet at 11am today. Plenty of milk, meat, painkillers, etc. Only thing missing was bum paper. 

I think everyone thinks they need to get there early to get stuff when the reality is deliveries happen all day. 

have you noticed how supermarkets  seem to run out of milk chocolate McVities but dark chocolate is available in abundance 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Thank McGrath for that small blessing. Milk choc digestives suck donkey dick. Dark FTW. 

Both wrong. Milk chocolate hob nobs are God’s own biscuit. Ask Peter Kay.

Age ranges of those deaths announced today was from 47 to 92 all with underlying health conditions. I haven't heard of anyone who has died in UK yet that didn't have underlying health conditions. I'd imagine though relatively young healthy people are getting seriously ill now and needing to go on a ventilator which is saving their life. This will become far more serious for many people when we start hearing of people with no underlying health issues dying due to no ICU bed/ventilator being available. 

Edited by markavfc40

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Both wrong. Milk chocolate hob nobs are God’s own biscuit. Ask Peter Kay.

I'll grant you that the milk works well on the hob nob. But not the digestive. 

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

We have about 6000 ventilators, supposedly. This is why the government basically begged any and all manufacturers to put capacity towards producing components for making more ASAP. 

Capacity generally is the problem. The disease overwhelms medical systems if efforts aren't made to quell it. It's a significant part of the reason the Italians are struggling. It's hit them hard and kept spiralling from there.

Reckon it’ll be a big problem in the first wave in London, after that the work happening now in industry will probably ensure the rest of the country has was it needs. 

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we’re a global hub for production by May and exporting through DfID to affected countries. 

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Who are these morons panic-buying milk. The cows aren't going on strike you absolute weapons, they have to be milked every bloody day!

Not seen much of that in my experience. Supermarket was full of milk today

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

Who are these morons panic-buying milk. The cows aren't going on strike you absolute weapons, they have to be milked every bloody day!

Everybody's getting into the underground cheese industry. 

In 2022 Castle Vale Blue is the only currency.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think we are seeing the very worst and the very best of the human race during this event. 

We‘re seeing a master class in Trolling, too.

Someone in the White House is reading VT.. 😂

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Not seen much of that in my experience. Supermarket was full of milk today

In Tesco we were allowed one bottle or one carton. But my missus is lactose intolerant and only only drinks goats milk. She’ll have to go without.  

Â