Generic Virus Thread

villakram

14 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

For anybody stuck at home with kids, a 12 month subscription to Disney + (launches in the UK on Tuesday) for £49.99 looks like the best money you'll spend on anything. 

Virus was probably invented by Disney Corp to coincide with their global launch 

• Haha 1

Insight into an example of workforce issues in the NHS.

The gentleman in the video is Dr Rob Galloway, Consultant in Emergency Medicine at Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust.  He is the doctor in charge of the workforce issues for doctors for the Covid-19 major incident at this Trust and he is addressing junior doctors at the Trust.

And so it begins...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...78040368663908 

Shocking moment gang of thugs smash doors of south London Sainsbury's after raiding store for alcohol as capital approaches total shutdown due to coronavirus

• Six men tried stealing alcohol from Sainsbury's in Elephant and Castle, London
  • Thugs became 'hostile and threatening' after staff confronted the gang
  • Video shows men in their 20s smashing Sainsbury's shop front and fleeing
  • Met Police arrested four men on suspicion of theft and criminal damage 
  • Scenes come as London approaches total lockdown due to coronavirus 
  • Coronavirus symptoms: what are they and should you see a doctor? 

Iain Duncan Smith has just said that benefits need to be raised and waiting times reduced with immediate effect. 

IAIN DUNCAN SMITH just said that 

I repeat, IAIN DUNCAN SMITH has said benefits need to be raised and waiting times reduced 

h3h9llewwv221.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Or, the 1% of mega rich people who are hoarding all the money...............just saying.

Well said, sir, alas they will be thinking how they can use this to get the lot, millions of slaves around the world do not realise they are slaves and always will be.

• Like 1

There are some grants available. Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for employees, employers and businesses - GOV.UK says £10,000 for small businesses that pay little or no business rates and are eligible for small business rate relief (SBBR) and will be contacted by their local authority. £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses operating from smaller premises, with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000.

I don't think it's applicable for Limited companies that work from a home office or client site but worth a try 

If you are concerned about being able to pay your tax due to COVID-19, call HMRC’s dedicated helpline on 0800 0159 559. 

Edited by Kingman

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

I doubt it. I tried it at half 1 last night and it was the same. I suspect they're making it shit so people give up and they get their money anyway.

There is always that. I shall not be giving up however.

I have been reading of people playing the 'click again' game into the early hours like yourself on some consumer help forum. Seems to be very little success presently. 

ENGLISH FOOTBALL EXTENDS SUSPENSION 

Full story can be found here, after it was announced that English football will not return until April 30 "at the earliest". 

It has been decided the 2019/20 season will be "extended indefinitely". 

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

@Kingman thanks for the informative posts. Actually I am not sure thanks is the right word as some of them are gradually scaring the shit out of me . Maybe you could try and source the odd bit of positive news😀

So 7 days on without No football... Just spotted a bloke in his garden and started singing "Who the fcukin hell are you?".. 😂🤣🤪

Edited by Kingman
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, knoppy1987 said:

There is always that. I shall not be giving up however.

I have been reading of people playing the 'click again' game into the early hours like yourself on some consumer help forum. Seems to be very little success presently. 

I read something earlier about going into incognito mode in Chrome, entering everything yourself manually and doing it in the early hours of the morning. People were having some success with that. Can't vouch for its authenticity but it seems it was working for some

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Virus was probably invented by Disney Corp to coincide with their global launch 

I know you were kidding but this must be crippling them. Back in early Feb a news report said if the couldn’t reopen their Shanghai and Tokyo resorts by end of Feb it was going to cost them around $175m. Since then they’ve had to close all their American resorts on top, and Euro Disney. 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Or, the 1% of mega rich people who are hoarding all the money...............just saying.

You still going on about rich people having lots of money? :lol: 
Like you and I with our money, we can do with it as we please.

Half of my team working from home have headaches, coughs, and a few are reporting a temperature. I just have a dry cough.

Could be something else far less serious going around of course, but none of us will be tested. A few friends online are in a similar boat. The reported numbers of cases are likely to be vastly under reported, based on how difficult it is to get a test.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Nah. They'll be waiting out to pick over the trinkets left by the piles of dead. Can't disappoint them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

You’d be surprised at how many people hoard cash.

I’ve got 800 Gambian Dalasi in a drawer somewhere, and a couple of Euros! 

How many Frey Bentos or eggs does that equate to?

• Haha 2

Â