Generic Virus Thread

villakram

London has 750 icu places and only about 80 were free before Covid19 started.

Hundreds of London cases and you can see that the NHS overload had already started.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/18/hospitals-outside-london-danger-overwhelmed-major-coronavirus/

Hospitals outside London in danger of being overwhelmed in major coronavirus outbreak

Rural areas will be hit hardest by shortfall of beds as virus sweeps country, modelling seen by The Telegraph suggests

It's quickly going to get out of hand in London.  In Italy they have patients outside hospitals in Alpine/civil defence tents, the bodies are piling up (video below of a church in the city of Bergamo with rows of coffins) and people are being found dead in their homes as there was no hospital care for them to go to.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wondering why people are continually surprised by the situation in supermarkets when it’s all over the news and social media.

Try going somewhere more obscure, a local cooperative or Waitrose, M&S food even, somewhere unlikely to have been ransacked by the masses.

Are people still surprised? People I speak too aren't. Not at all surprised. Posts on here are just suggesting that supermarkets are poorly stocked. I don't see much surprise in them. 

• Like 1

No new cases in China... obviously big pinch of salt on that, but does suggest it’s weeks of containment rather than many months.

I was just talking with a colleague who works on China programmes and she was saying they are fully ramping up now and getting frustrated that we can’t support them fully as we go into lockdown phase.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

No new cases in China... obviously big pinch of salt on that, but does suggest it’s weeks of containment rather than many months.

I was just talking with a colleague who works on China programmes and she was saying they are fully ramping up now and getting frustrated that we can’t support them fully as we go into lockdown phase.

I wonder how long they leave it as "non new cases" before everyone is allowed to go back to normal again?

Is it two weeks like it has been normally and then you can assume it's gone?

57 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If they put a system in place, as they have in other countries, that meant the government guaranteed anyone unable to work would get say 80% of their average earnings over the last 2 years there might be a few self employed people sweating that they hadn't declared exactly how much they had been earning. 

Maybe the government could say to electricians and plumbers , you’re entitled to  £400 but we will call it £300 for cash  :)

Edited by tonyh29
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

@Kingman thanks for the informative posts. Actually I am not sure thanks is the right word as some of them are gradually scaring the shit out of me . Maybe you could try and source the odd bit of positive news😀

Trust me as soon as its available mate i will,

We haven't even started yet so im just trying to create awareness to what is coming our way in the next 10/14 days. 

As you advised upthread ref my old man, Until yesterday he was still going to Dubai the weekend (in his head) ive had to be as brutal and graphic as possible ref self-isolation but i think ive just about got into his head, He ticks every underlying at risk box bar cancer and being pregnant so im seriously worried mate.  

Up until yesterday i might as well have shouted down the exhaust on my van and talked to the catalytic converter! 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I’ve seen stuff being passed around Whatsapp and on Twitter about how someone has “heard from a good source” about the exact day that London will go into lockdown including plans for deployment of the military/police. 

People are so desperate for likes and internet kudos (attention) that they’re even pretending to be ITK with COVID-19 plans. FFS. 

I have actually heard similar rumours from a friend who works in the civil service and has direct ministerial contact on a weekly basis. Still taking it with a massive pinch of salt until anything is confirmed, but I trust her enough that if she's heard that it is at least a possibility.

53 minutes ago, Genie said:

1039432684_italyagedistribution.png.af86

1508717215_londonagedistribution.jpg.f0d

in london above 55 + 16%

in Italy (i cannot find the stats for Lombardy, but my guess is that it has an even older distribution) 35% are over 55 

The old could be the canary in the coal mine. We are told, by untrustworthy politicians and the MSM,  it is the old and or those with underlying health conditions that it concerns (don't panic the public). 

There are reports from Italy that younger fit people are getting it and are also having to go into intensive care after resisting the virus illness for weeks and weeks.  The whole thing in China regarding the figures of infected and dead has been under reported by a long way and there is no news coming out. 

We will have to keep our eyes on Italy's situation to gain some advance warning. 

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

1039432684_italyagedistribution.png.af86

1508717215_londonagedistribution.jpg.f0d

in london above 55 + 16%

in Italy (i cannot find the stats for Lombardy, but my guess is that it has an even older distribution) 35% are over 55 

The old could be the canary in the coal mine. We are told, by untrustworthy politicians and the MSM,  it is the old and or those with underlying health conditions that it concerns (don't panic the public). 

There are reports from Italy that younger fit people are getting it and are also having to go into intensive care after resisting the virus illness for weeks and weeks.  The whole thing in China regarding the figures of infected and dead has been under reported by a long way and there is no news coming out. 

We will have to keep our eyes on Italy's situation to gain some advance warning. 

•  

I have a feeling of déjà vu.

14 minutes ago, Awol said:

No.10 saying categorically no lockdown coming in London, so if you’re there probably best to start running now.

I think there will be a lockdown in London from the weekend. Best way to contain things. 

Â