Generic Virus Thread

villakram

It all depends how they would define a lockdown. They are saying public transport will still run. It is being restricted now and almost certainly will be further. They are saying movement in and out of London won't be stopped. I'd imagine that will be he case but it will only be for essential reasons. You aren't locking down if you still allow some movements.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Coronavirus, too many dead in Bergamo: military vehicles bring corpses out of the region / VIDEO

In the Orobic capital there is no place. Video appeal of the hospital in English: "Desperate need for material and personnel" 

image.jpg&h=368&fmt=webp

Bergamo, March 19, 2020 - A punch to the heart, a war theater image. long column of military vehicles  traveled the streets of Bergamo during the night ,transporting  the coffin of coronavirus victims out of the city , which no longer find a place in the city cemetery because the times of cremations have become too long. 

https://www.ilgiorno.it/bergamo/cronaca/cornavirus-morti-esercito-1.5073459 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What does the first column mean? Doubled from what?

Or is it some sort of average?

Im reading it as doubling in days for the total number of deaths to double mate? 

3 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Im reading it as doubling in days for the total number of deaths to double mate? 

Yeah but measured from when?

From 1 to 2? or 10 to 20?

Or is it the length of time it took for deaths to double last? So if we're at 100 deaths, is it the length of time since it was 50 deaths?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Or is it the length of time it took for deaths to double last? So if we're at 100 deaths, is it the length of time since it was 50 deaths?

I think you have cracked it as that looks right.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Oh here we go, Calling all travel insurance experts.

So my holiday Tittle-tattle cancelation begins, 

Firm i booked with says i need to claim off my insurance, Now just spoke with insurance and they say i need to claim off firm i booked the package with!!! 

Anybody able to give any advice on how to get the money back please?

Just now, markavfc40 said:

I think you have cracked as that looks right.

Yeah I think my last sentence is right looking back at the visual.

So basically ours is number of days since it was at half of 55

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That looks fair assessment mate

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Amazingly managed to get through to Sky in 5 minutes or so to switch from Sports to Movies. 

Rather stupidly I signed up for Sky a few weeks ago.  Due to get hooked up at the end of April when there's no sport on so I might ask to do the same as you. 

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Rather stupidly I signed up for Sky a few weeks ago.  Due to get hooked up at the end of April when there's no sport on so I might ask to do the same as you. 

I heard they were letting you pause sky sports as well given the circumstances so that's an option as well

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Oh here we go, Calling all travel insurance experts.

So my holiday Tittle-tattle cancelation begins, 

Firm i booked with says i need to claim off my insurance, Now just spoke with insurance and they say i need to claim off firm i booked the package with!!! 

Anybody able to give any advice on how to get the money back please?

No expert but I had this saga earlier in the week. My insurance company (whom I bank with) sent me 'around the houses' before ending up back in a phone queue with them.

They wanted me to attempt to get a refund from the airline and then accommodation. If not possible, they asked me to contact the bank I paid with, which in this instance was on an AMEX CC, and then let them know the outcome. No action. 

The result was I ended up back at the insurance firm/bank and I filled in a claim form and submitted necessary paperwork in support of the claim.

I have been trying to get a refund on some Ryanair flights too but its online form just does not work and will not accept my reservation number (it clearly is the reservation number). I suspect a traffic issue. In addition a refund from Skyparks for parking; I've been waiting over 3 weeks for that refund that was supposed to take 10 working days. 

Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

For folks interested in saving in saving a few quid with Sky sports (No football) you can now pause sports on the telephone (longs waits apparently) and online from possibly Friday. 

Sky Sports

Whilst we expect that many of the recently postponed sports events will go ahead, if you wish to pause your Sky Sports subscription in the meantime you will not be charged a fee to do so or be held to any notice period. Meanwhile we continue to provide high quality content across all of our 11 Sky Sports channels.

We are sorry that you are currently unable to pause your Sky Sports subscription online, however, in light of the circumstances we are working hard to introduce this in the coming days. Please check back online from Friday. In the meantime, please be aware that we have reduced resource in our call centre and we apologise if you are unable to get through to us on the phone.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/pause-sky-sports 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

It all depends how they would define a lockdown. They are saying public transport will still run. It is being restricted now and almost certainly will be further. They are saying movement in and out of London won't be stopped. I'd imagine that will be he case but it will only be for essential reasons. You aren't locking down if you still allow some movements.

FWIW we've just been informed that Taxi and Private Hire Drivers will be considered Key Workers in the event of any Lockdown

I can't imagine that if we're actually locked down that the Public transport will actually run. 

The current reducing of service is actually stupid, that's more people on each carriage / bus, I don't see how that can continue

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

FWIW we've just been informed that Taxi and Private Hire Drivers will be considered Key Workers in the event of any Lockdown

I can't imagine that if we're actually locked down that the Public transport will actually run. 

The current reducing of service is actually stupid, that's more people on each carriage / bus, I don't see how that can continue

Are you expecting that doctors and nurses who normally take public transport might be ferried by taxi then?

43 minutes ago, Kingman said:

And so it begins, insurers adjusting their income protection policies 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/insurance/life/insurers-no-longer-paying-lost-incomes-people-lose-jobs-due/ 

"Other insurance firms are tweaking their terms so that new policies will not have to pay out for claims relating to Covid-19."

They would be bankrupted over night. The government is the only entity that can cover something like this. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, knoppy1987 said:

I have been trying to get a refund on some Ryanair flights too but its online form just does not work and will not accept my reservation number (it clearly is the reservation number). I suspect a traffic issue.

I doubt it. I tried it at half 1 last night and it was the same. I suspect they're making it shit so people give up and they get their money anyway.

Â