Generic Virus Thread

villakram

On 30/01/2022 at 11:32, trekka said:

I just like to think that if I wear a mask, it might just maybe save a life of a person or enable those who need to work to carry on doing so. 

Also I like to think I'm sparing people from having to look at my face, which is possibly the greatest philanthropic gesture I could make.

• Haha 3

It's approaching two years now since we spunked vast billions of £ on Test and Trace

Is it too much to ask that we just have some general competence?

Do you really think Delta Taxis is an actual person? Some dimwit obviously does.

recieved by email... today

PLEASE RESPOND to the NHS Test and Trace service to protect yourself, your community, and the NHS from coronavirus
Dear Delta,
NHS Test and Trace has identified you as a contact of someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19.
Unless exempt, you must self-isolate for a full 10 days from the date of your last contact.
If you’re exempt, you should take rapid lateral flow tests for 7 days.
You should now visit your NHS Test and Trace account to give us more details, even if you think you’re exempt. If you’re under 18, show this message to your parent or guardian.

Anyone know where we can source approx 10,000 Lateral FLow tests for the next 7 days so everyone can test who works under this umbrella. (I'm really not looking for them)

Test and Trace's competence is measured at the atomic level

You expect things to get better with time, not worse

They provide you with a URL, if you copy and past it into a browser, the imbecile that wrote the email has put a full stop at the end of the URL. This is internet competence 101 they are failing at

So, inevitably covid is now in our household after our 9yr old tested positive.

Another symptom to watch out for is sore eyes, he said he had sore eyes and a headache this morning which prompted us testing him.

Me and my wife are jabbed and boosted so hopefully it's mild for us if we get it, which feels likely.

After all this time my daughter now has it. 

Negative last night but tested positive tonight. Mrs Sidcow drove her home from school this afternoon so what's the chance of her missing it? 

19 hours ago, sidcow said:

Negative last night but tested positive tonight. Mrs Sidcow drove her home from school this afternoon so what's the chance of her missing it? 

My boss avoided it when his young son had it.  He avoided it again when his young daughter had it (not linked).  It's not as if they changed anything within the home (you can't really with young kids) and on both occasions it was only either the son or daughter who tested positive.  

Had the omicron and recovered in 2-3 days. Small cough, and  a bit of a headache. Had worse colds than this. A non vaccinated person i know alot older was exactly the same.

Ive had this one and the first one that came out before vaccine was out. This one is a hell of a lot milder than the 1st time i had it

Edited by Demitri_C

On 07/02/2022 at 20:28, sidcow said:

My daughter tested positive last week, two days in a row. Naturally she was off school immediately after the first test.  She then tested negative 4 days in a row and nobody else in the house tested positive during or since.

2 hours ago, MCU said:

Too soon you reckon treks?

Unfortunately I do.  Inevitably that will also mean reduced (or no) testing for those who show symptoms.  It isn't good - we'll get rid of all of the infrastructure in place to spot any new variants and by the time they've arrived it will be too late.  Even lateral flow tests - my elderly parents are quite vulnerable and when I go to visit them I make sure to take a LFT just so I can be confident that I'm not going to put them in any danger (however small the risk might be).  You can bet your bottom dollar that the Government will start charging for them.  I even read the other day that the ONS data collection (apparently the "gold standard" and the envy of much of the world) is going to be scaled down.  Why?  To detract the voters from the Boris mess and to save the Government £s. 

• Like 1

Everyone will have a different situation, but the world can be normal for you today if you want. This week i've been into brum, into a busy office, shops at lunchtime, pub after work followed by a restaurant and train journeys there and back. Didn't even give covid a second thought... not deliberately, it just wasn't a concern for anyone. Very few masks being worn. It felt 'normal' or in other words, like it was in 2019. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

Everyone will have a different situation, but the world can be normal for you today if you want. This week i've been into brum, into a busy office, shops at lunchtime, pub after work followed by a restaurant and train journeys there and back. Didn't even give covid a second thought... not deliberately, it just wasn't a concern for anyone. Very few masks being worn. It felt 'normal' or in other words, like it was in 2019. 

Thats how im looking at it too mate. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I understand your general point but this part is not true.  A large part of the population it’s true but another large part of the population it isn’t true for the obvious reasons.  So your first six words were right but you need to heavily caveat the bolded part that for certain sections of society this will not be the case.

Edited by nick76

Â