Generic Virus Thread

villakram

54 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I understand your general point but this part is not true.  A large part of the population it’s true but another large part of the population it isn’t true for the obvious reasons.  So your first six words were right but you need to heavily caveat the bolded part that for certain sections of society this will not be the case.

The virus isnt going away mate. How long you going to be like this? I know alot of very vulnerable people and they have still got covid (recovered fully luckily) their mentality is now to just enjoy  life and what will be will be as they are sick of being indoors and just generally living in fear. Everyone is different but im with xela on this one.

Start living your life again.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The virus isnt going away mate. How long you going to be like this? I know alot of very vulnerable people and they have still got covid (recovered fully luckily) their mentality is now to just enjoy  life and what will be will be as they are sick of being indoors and just generally living in fear. Everyone is different but im with xela on this one.

Start living your life again.

My point is that it won’t be going back to 2019 normal but a new normal, that living life but with a number of differences.  Some people will be happy with what will be will be but I think most vulnerable people and their close family members will adjust to a new normal.  This new normal isn’t lockdown in their houses or living in fear as you say, in fact that hasn’t been the way for a long time.  Lockdowns was an extreme side of the pandemic as we’ve only have to deal with a few restrictions for the majority of the time.

I think also the pandemic has made changes for us that we want to keep from groceries being home delivered by Ocado rather than walking around a supermarket.  For me, less time in the gym and more exercise in the park.  Working from home more.  Meals more around friends and family houses rather than going to restaurants.  There are many other things as well.

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I understand your general point but this part is not true.  A large part of the population it’s true but another large part of the population it isn’t true for the obvious reasons.  So your first six words were right but you need to heavily caveat the bolded part that for certain sections of society this will not be the case.

The graphs on the previous page are a load of b*****s scare mongering. People are still gonna get it, there is no doubt, but this is the way it's going to have to be. The data on deaths is far from accurate, it's far lower, people being admitted and dying from actual Covid always has been, so it's certainly time to get back to normal life, like half the population already have. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

The graphs on the previous page are a load of b*****s scare mongering. People are still gonna get it, there is no doubt, but this is the way it's going to have to be. The data on deaths is far from accurate, it's far lower, people being admitted and dying from actual Covid always has been, so it's certainly time to get back to normal life, like half the population already have. 

"It's far lower". Is this based on own research or facts?

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My point is that it won’t be going back to 2019 normal but a new normal, that living life but with a number of differences.  Some people will be happy with what will be will be but I think most vulnerable people and their close family members will adjust to a new normal.  This new normal isn’t lockdown in their houses or living in fear as you say, in fact that hasn’t been the way for a long time.  Lockdowns was an extreme side of the pandemic as we’ve only have to deal with a few restrictions for the majority of the time.

I think also the pandemic has made changes for us that we want to keep from groceries being home delivered by Ocado rather than walking around a supermarket.  For me, less time in the gym and more exercise in the park.  Working from home more.  Meals more around friends and family houses rather than going to restaurants.  There are many other things as well.

That maybe you and your opinion, but me, most of my friends and family, like many others, are back to what I we was doing pre Covid. Holidays will complete normality.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

That maybe you and your opinion, but me, most of my friends and family, like many others, are back to what I we was doing pre Covid. Holidays will complete normality.

Read my point in the last few comments , I was speaking about a portion of the population

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The graphs on the previous page are a load of b*****s scare mongering. People are still gonna get it, there is no doubt, but this is the way it's going to have to be. The data on deaths is far from accurate, it's far lower, people being admitted and dying from actual Covid always has been

This is your opinion I’m guessing

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This is how you feel, your opinion. I doubt most will be living in fear of contracting the virus and giving it to the vulnerable, you cannot live like this for the rest of your life.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think that's probably the problem.  I just feel for those people who can't go about their daily lives whilst this bloody plague is still around - I know people personally who have been medically advised not to go out shopping etc as even the vaccines are not supporting their immune system.  These are people who rely on testing so that they can have some sort or normality in their lives to see family. 

5 minutes ago, trekka said:

I think that's probably the problem.  I just feel for those people who can't go about their daily lives whilst this bloody plague is still around - I know people personally who have been medically advised not to go out shopping etc as even the vaccines are not supporting their immune system.  These are people who rely on testing so that they can have some sort or normality in their lives to see family. 

Agreed, it’s vulnerable people of all ages and their families which is a huge part of the population and not just the elderly but of all ages with all sorts of issues.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This is how you feel, your opinion. I doubt most will be living in fear of contracting the virus and giving it to the vulnerable, you cannot live like this for the rest of your life.

You are still missing the point, we are still living our lives just slightly different to 2019.  We are probably less in the house than we were then in 2019 but doing different things to then, yes probably taking precautions but our normal now is different to 2019 normal but we are probably doing more now than then.  Read the rest of my post of some of the differences.  I think there will be a lot of the population that do the same as my family and friends for our circumstances and there will be a lot of the population like you that can go back to 2019 normal, it doesn’t mean you are living your lives more than us.

21 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

We haven't really been living with any real restrictions in England for months have we. In the last 7 or 8 months I have been going to the football, been abroad on holiday, been on a few breaks in England, been to the pub, been going to work, been going to shops etc etc. Whilst doing some of these I have had to at times wear a mask, I have had to take the odd test which took me all of 2 minutes when there was a chance I may have contracted covid and I had to self isolate when I did have it. Hardly having my life restricted. Oh and I had a needle stuck in my arm three times. 

If to protect some poor bugger from ending up in ICU or dead I have to in certain situations slip a mask on and take the odd covid test then I can't see that as a restriction and a hardship. Quite the opposite and I see no logical reason why we shouldn't all be willing to do it and simply see it as collectively helping to prevent the poor bugger who ends up in ICU or dead from being you or one of yours. 

Exactly this. My life hasn't been restricted one bit for a long time. 

• Like 1

Â