Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Had 3rd jab booster last week and felt considerably more lethargic for 3 days after then I did for the first 2 Jabs. For those that work I'd book it for thurs/Fri to get enough rest over the weekend. Mrs was same, could just be us but info just in case. Good luck.

Or have the jab on Monday and take the rest of the week off work sick

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Had 3rd jab booster last week and felt considerably more lethargic for 3 days after then I did for the first 2 Jabs. For those that work I'd book it for thurs/Fri to get enough rest over the weekend. Mrs was same, could just be us but info just in case. Good luck.

Were you AZ on the first two and Pfizer on the booster?

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Sounds like we’re in a similar place.

I’m trying to take some sort of sensible reasonable path through it all.

I have to work, my job involves going in a lot of different buildings and meeting a lot of different people with their varying understanding and care about covid. Personally, I’m double jabbed and I’ve been blessed with good health so far in my life.

But my parents and my wife’s mother are all elderly with varying degrees of health issues. My mum is double jabbed, I’m under no illusion that even now if she gets covid, it will most likely kill her.

So I do my job, and I go shopping, and I have the occasional hotel weekend.

But I’m steering clear of pubs, the football away day, and I’ve just returned tickets for the rugby.

It’s go to the rugby corporate gig, or go for a cuppa over my parents. That’s the choice.

An how long are you prepared to live like this, cause as we know, it ain't going know where soon. I've been double jabbed, in my job I meet people everyday, go to the occasional restaurant, go to pubs at the weekend, admitted a little careful but rarely wear a mask now. I have done this for 12 months and as far as I know I have been okay (I did have it early last year). I have not let it change my life, I don't let it,  just aware that it is still with us and not going to big events just yet, football etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

An how long are you prepared to live like this, cause as we know, it ain't going know where soon. I've been double jabbed, in my job I meet people everyday, go to the occasional restaurant, go to pubs at the weekend, admitted a little careful but rarely wear a mask now. I have done this for 12 months and as far as I know I have been okay (I did have it early last year). I have not let it change my life, I don't let it,  just aware that it is still with us and not going to big events just yet, football etc.

I guess for as long as I don’t want to be responsible for killing my mother?

Do you have vulnerable relatives you meet, but you’d prefer not to be responsible for giving covid?

It’s one thing to take a calculated thought through risk with one’s own life. It’s quite another to impose my decision on someone else who might not be quite so risk tolerant.

It’s a tricky choice, there is a lot to weigh up. I’ve got to be happy with my combination of meeting relatives and having a ‘normal’ life. If it’s a trade between seeing my parents and mixing with 74,000 rugby drunks, that one is easy. I think that’s all you can do, just keep weighing it up and reviewing.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Or have the jab on Monday and take the rest of the week off work sick

46 minutes ago, bickster said:

Were you AZ on the first two and Pfizer on the booster?

Lol much better idea. I was miles away for the 3rd jab, Pfizer for the first 2 definitely, no idea on 3rd.

My impression from online discussions and a few chats with relatives is that people are having their normal Christmas, come what may. Unless there's a stay at home order issued and checkpoints on roads, people aren't having another Christmas without family.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

My impression from online discussions and a few chats with relatives is that people are having their normal Christmas, come what may. Unless there's a stay at home order issued and checkpoints on roads, people aren't having another Christmas without family.

A lot didn't last Christmas either as the rules changed so much on a daily basis that pretty much everyone I know decided to just do what they would normally, within reason.

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Just had my booster. Get your jabs if you haven’t yet, don’t be a smooth brain moron. 

I'd love to. I'm hoping they go for the 5 months as I'm not due till 1st December currently. 

Yesterday Sky were reporting that 800,000 had been administered in 72 hrs so it looks like they're stepping it up somewhat. 

The wife and I both just been pinged by T&T to isolate (if not vaccinated) as we’ve been in contact with someone who has tested positive.

The best bit is that it says the 10 days should start from the last time you spent time with that person… but doesn’t say who it is or where it was 🤔 

I can only assume it was someone on holiday or on the flight on Friday.

We don’t need to isolate as fully vaccinated but do need to both do PCR tests. 

Edited by Genie

One of my neighbours was rushed to hospital last night with severe covid symptoms. He’s in his 70’s and lives alone, his daughter called our other neighbour from Ireland to say she hadn’t been able to get hold of him for a couple of days. So the neighbour went to check on him, found the door unlocked and him comatose in bed, unresponsive. He has been double jabbed, but he’s apparently seriously ill.

Hope he makes it through of course, but it shows that even with the vaccine you can still become ill. Especially as the efficacy drops over time, boosters are absolutely vital. 

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Just had my first chat for a while with the hospital doctor next door, and she confirms that very few double-jabbed folks are on their covid wards - the overwhelming majority are anti-vaxxers. She says that she's normally totally non-judgemental with drunks, druggies, fight cases, etc., but she really feels like slapping the anti-vax f*ckwits. 

Why aren’t the government drilling this message home about the vaccination status of those in hospital?

• Like 1

Â