Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Screenshot_2021-10-19-15-34-46-06_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

You appear to be missing the point there Mike. These people aren't due a Covid Booster, the trust won't give them their flu jabs  until they are due their covid booster.

They have obviously made other arrangements with chemists and stuff and stuck two fingers up at the trust and gone in work time

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Last time I was on Asda they were doing Flu jabs for £8. If I wanted one i’d just pay it and get it done. 

They are free for NHS staff, the over 50's and the vulnerable, the cost isn't the issue

Basically back to normal for the majority (or so it seems) over here in Denver. I wear my mask everywhere in public though in spite of the fact that you don't have to if you're double vaxxed (honor system.)

9,300 tests done on campus at the Uni in the last 7 days and 14 positive tests which is pretty good.

https://www.du.edu/coronavirus/dashboard

Although Denver in general is rising which is worrying.

39 minutes ago, bickster said:

They are free for NHS staff, the over 50's and the vulnerable, the cost isn't the issue

What i meant was, If I was entitled to one, but for political reasons was being denied it I’d just stump up £8 and get it done. 

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Basically back to normal for the majority (or so it seems) over here in Denver. I wear my mask everywhere in public though in spite of the fact that you don't have to if you're double vaxxed (honor system.)

9,300 tests done on campus at the Uni in the last 7 days and 14 positive tests which is pretty good.

https://www.du.edu/coronavirus/dashboard

Although Denver in general is rising which is worrying.

Still ~1500/day. 

Same here in Michigan, mandatory masking indoors on campus' though and this is pretty universal, at least down south. Masking is in general of the recommended variety in most places though. The high school etc. system is a mess, with various schools here and there going their own way and thumbing their nose at masking etc.  

Our daycare is currently closed for week #2, as many of the vacc'd staff have come down with it, sigh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

FCEGFgzWEAoa7Ee?format=jpg&name=large

Several of these countries have fully reopened, with practically zero restrictions. Personally, I stopped paying attention to new cases a while ago. 

15 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Personally, I stopped paying attention to new cases a while ago. 

Depends on who's being tested and is the testing method consistent overtime. Where I live, I suspect if someone has a cold and it is serious enough to be tested then that is not a bad metric. In my rural landscape we were low whilst the large cities were not faring well. Now we are high and it is showing up in our ICUs being full. 

Ultimately, it boils down to: are unvaccinated people displacing vaccinated people in our hospitals?

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

FCEGFgzWEAoa7Ee?format=jpg&name=large

Something must be up with this chart, yes, we’re led by idiots but there must be more to it.

Is it the testing of children? I know at lot have been missing from school and my lads 2 football teams after testing positive for covid. Are other countries picking these up like we are?

• Like 1

Â