Generic Virus Thread

villakram

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

They should bloody well bill them.  How much does a stay in an ICU bed cost?  Thousands?  Tens of Thousands?  Yet they're perfectly happy for The Taxpayer to pick up the bill and the doctors and nurses to spend their precious time trying to keep them alive just because they thought they didn't need a vaccine or thought is was dangerous for them to take it despite the clear and obvious danger of not taking it.

It depends. Are they in the ICU because of covid or was covid the last brick. The data on co-morbidity is quite clear. This should be the real point. Whatever the arguments are about vaccines, it is crystal clear that those above 60 and anyone with the well known list of co-morbidities should for the own sake get one of these jabs.

I'd bet you could go into most ICUs and see many people there via the consumption vices. 

It really interesting what covid has done to our humanity and the general philosophical system that underpins society. Most would agree that the death penalty is wrong, that murder is not a simple thing of 1 or 0. Yet, covid has people saying and wishing the worst for other populations. Long term consequences.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, villakram said:

It depends. Are they in the ICU because of covid or was covid the last brick. The data on co-morbidity is quite clear. This should be the real point. Whatever the arguments are about vaccines, it is crystal clear that those above 60 and anyone with the well known list of co-morbidities should for the own sake get one of these jabs.

I'd bet you could go into most ICUs and see many people there via the consumption vices. 

It really interesting what covid has done to our humanity and the general philosophical system that underpins society. Most would agree that the death penalty is wrong, that murder is not a simple thing of 1 or 0. Yet, covid has people saying and wishing the worst for other populations. Long term consequences.

Is that you Joe Rogan?

14 hours ago, villakram said:

If only it could be criminalised, I agree :D 

4 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Is that you Joe Rogan?

It's a rather sad state of affairs when we have to rely on Rogan to perturb the consensus. This is one of the consequences of the large scale censorship programs being implemented around coivd, all in the name of keeping the message simple for the apparently idiotic masses.

Just now, maqroll said:

Anyone experienced neck pain after the Moderna jab? 

I had the Moderna and felt soreness in my arm for the first night or so. 

Arm was fine second jab but I was knackered by mid afternoon and ended up having a nap! 

other than that, no problem whatsoever 

• Like 1

On 26/10/2021 at 16:47, LondonLax said:

You could make the same argument about someone who gets ill from smoking, injuring from being drunk or gets diabetes from eating too much sugar, despite all the information out there warning people of the dangers of their lifestyle choices.  

It’s a risky move making moral judgments on who should receive free care and who has to pay. 

I agree with the overall point, which I have to remind myself every time I read a news headline about unvaccinated people in hospital.

But the situation isn't quite as clear cut as you made there. If you're an alcoholic, good luck getting a liver transplant, etc. And smoking and drinking are taxed heavily because of the recognition they are problematic for society, which means those people are indeed paying extra for their care if they drink / smoke enough to need extra medical attention for it.

It's never going to happen but there's certainly an argument for a tax surcharge for people not taking the vaccine and then ending up in hospital. Like the student loan system in terms of repayment, so nobody is going to have treatment withheld or anything - but recognising that their behaviour is problematic for society.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

On 31/10/2021 at 08:55, Panto_Villan said:

I agree with the overall point, which I have to remind myself every time I read a news headline about unvaccinated people in hospital.

It's never going to happen but there's certainly an argument for a tax surcharge for people not taking the vaccine and then ending up in hospital.

When there are no vaccinated people in hospital we'll talk.

On 31/10/2021 at 08:55, Panto_Villan said:

It's never going to happen but there's certainly an argument for a tax surcharge for people not taking the vaccine and then ending up in hospital. Like the student loan system in terms of repayment, so nobody is going to have treatment withheld or anything - but recognising that their behaviour is problematic for society.

There should absolutely be some sort of punishment for being a selfish clearing in the woods and putting a massive amount of unnecessary strain on NHS workers.

I'm not sure what that punishment should be, though.  After all, it's a "free world".

Edited by bobzy

52 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I find it scary that people think you should be punished for not having a government instigated injection.

It's horrifying. We learn nothing from history.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I'd cut all contact with anyone in my social circle if they held that view. **** em. 

What about those who are vaccinated but obese/drinking booze/not taking vitamins/not getting enough sleep/not exercising?

I think we should **** them too. Even if vaccinated, they pose a risk of higher transmission and are more likely to be ill.

And anyone over 50. **** Them. Why should we spend resources/time on them?

I say **** everyone but elite athletes and children under 16. 

Let them rot.

Edited by Mic09

58 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

It's what fear does to people.

Isn't the fear on the side of those who won't have the vaccine?  I hate to think where we would be if the vaccine hadn't been produced and so many people taken it.  I agree that people shouldn't have been forced but I think we could have made it as hard as possible to function in society if you haven't had the jab.  

What about those who are vaccinated but obese/drinking booze/not taking vitamins/not getting enough sleep/not exercising?

I think we should **** them too. Even if vaccinated, they pose a risk of higher transmission and are more likely to be ill.

And anyone over 50. **** Them. Why should we spend resources/time on them?

I say **** everyone but elite athletes and children under 16. 

Let them rot.

that would be silly. 

there aren't hoards of fatties protesting restaurants ( well piers moron and co getting upset about vegan sausages excepted ) 

There's no ideal solution when it comes to personal responsibility on health, but me eating twenty burgers a day does not force someone sitting next to me to eat twenty burgers a day. But it's an issue I can't help but getting fed up with and whilst there are already certain taxes on crap food, fags and booze, there's nothing to hold the dipshit anti vaxxers to account for the consequences of their selfishness. If only they died then great, cheerio bye-bye you made your choice, you died, boo hoo, but if they spread it to others, I find doing nothing infuriating. When these arseholes surround vaccination centres and abuse and threaten people doing their jobs, I want to grab all those bell ends and drown them in a river, just **** pondlife, accusing a mother of treating her wheelchair ridden daughter as a lab rat for getting a vaccine. The last sperm out of the sacks who give chris whitty vile abuse in the street, and the rest, the unrelenting **** ignorance... I'm fed up. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 2

I get your point but I think maybe you’re conflating two groups of people. Admittedly, overlapping on the Venn.

There are people who for a number of reasons have decided the jab is not for them. We can deal with them relatively rationally, we can tell them they are free to choose that route but they aren’t getting in to crowded risky spaces or working with the medically vulnerable. That’s fairly equitable.

Then there is the current craze for aggressive crackpot protest, be it Protect The Statues, 5G mind control, Anti Vaxx, all that shit. That’s different, that’s where we should have more police and the role of the police should be to serve and protect the public.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Isn't the fear on the side of those who won't have the vaccine?  I hate to think where we would be if the vaccine hadn't been produced and so many people taken it.  I agree that people shouldn't have been forced but I think we could have made it as hard as possible to function in society if you haven't had the jab.  

I suppose it comes down to whether you are more afraid of the vaccine or the virus but the decision is ultimately driven by fear either way 😁

Â