Generic Virus Thread

villakram

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I suppose it comes down to whether you are more afraid of the vaccine or the virus but the decision is ultimately driven by fear either way 😁

Option 3: suspicious of big government?

Just for clarity here, I’m double jabbed and in for the flu jab in 2 weeks. I just think we might not see all the reasons all the people have for doing anything. Something Brexit has taught me. Don’t presume you understand the reasons for someone else’s actions.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

When there are no vaccinated people in hospital we'll talk.

If 100% of the population was vaccinated, there would still be cases, hospitalisation and deaths ( though far, far, fewer). We know that vaccination improves stats and outcomes around the virus. It protects individuals and those they come into contact with. Not totally, but very significantly. People with no medical reason not to get vaccinated are entitled not to do so, but they are risking their health and that of others. The extent of that risk is lower for the very young, but above children, it’s real.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

It would have to be every government on the planet… and doctors, scientists, professors etc.

Are they all in on it?

They don’t have to be ‘in on’ anything.

They just might be wrong.

Has a government or a medical establishment ever been wrong about anything significant? Has a government ever undertaken a course of action that had unforeseen consequences?

It doesn’t have to be an international conspiracy theory, those are the pricks threatening people in the street. Other people might just be cautious about accepting the orthodoxy. 

As said before, my girlfriend isn't vaccinated. She has (unsubstantiated) concerns about the effect of the vaccine long term on things like potential future children and pregnancy. She's basically unprepared to take a step she cannot take back that she doesn't have complete confidence in. I suspect she's not unusual. It's completely unfounded, but there's no movement in her on it.

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Then there is the current craze for aggressive crackpot protest, be it Protect The Statues, 5G mind control, Anti Vaxx, all that shit. That’s different, that’s where we should have more computer controlled automatic weapons and sterilization vans.

FTFY

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

It's what fear does to people.

No, it's what their hard earned tax payments being pissed away does to people. It's the completely irrational fear of people which is making is get pissed away. 

Edited by sidcow

Just on the alcoholics and diabetics being punished for lifestyle, I'm sorry but that is a different thing. 

There is no magic bullet for those things.  It's often a psychological thing.  I am diabetic.  I do eat bad stuff and don't exercise enough, I know that.  I do try, go on health kicks etc but it's hard to keep if up, I'm not mentally strong and disciplined enough.  I tell you what though, if there was a magic pill that I could take to change my mindset I would 100% take it. 

And would I trumpet that others should be offered to take it or lose their free prescriptions? Yes I bloody well would. 

And as already stated earlier alcoholics ARE punished with high taxes, smokers the same.  Sugar is being increasingly taxed. 

I'm not saying anyone should be FORCED to take it but if you wilfully ignore the free help offered I think there should be some kind of contribution for your treatment. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Option 3: suspicious of big government?

Just for clarity here, I’m double jabbed and in for the flu jab in 2 weeks. I just think we might not see all the reasons all the people have for doing anything. Something Brexit has taught me. Don’t presume you understand the reasons for someone else’s actions.

Whatever the reasons are, they're selfish clearings in the woods.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

How long do you think the testing should be?

Discovery and research, testing, trials, more trials, manufacture, quality control. Usually takes anything from 5 to 15 years? This was a year start to finish IIRC.

The vaccine rollout WAS the trials in my opinion. Forgive me for thinking corners have been cut.

Â