Generic Virus Thread

villakram

29 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I had the Moderna. Fine after the first jab, absolutely no side effects. After the second, I felt lousy for about 24 hours.

Nice one.

Had the shot 2 hours ago. Feel fine so far, but I guess it takes 24 hours to kick in. 

47 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Had the Pfizer at 2, feel ok so far. 

actually.. I'm getting better *WIFI* Signal now.. 

ha ha ha lol GIF by Laff

Shut up, it's never been funny.  STOP.

I can’t see this post getting a great...

reception 😎

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I can’t see this post getting a great...

reception 😎

I don't think many people will connect with that one.  I suppose where the jab went in could be classed as a hotspot for some though. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, trekka said:

I don't think many people will connect with that one.  I suppose where the jab went in could be classed as a hotspot for some though. 

I'm baud of this joke now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In news that should surprise absolutely no one, Norway are set to receive 400 000 fewer Pfizer doses than expected in July, causing a delay of another (probably) two weeks. Our vaccination programme has been an absolute clusterfudge. Scrapping the AZ jab outright for all age groups was almost comically cowardly. 

At this rate, I’ll be lucky to have my first jab by medio August. I’m last in line, as they decided they’ll skip my age bracket and do 18-25 first. 

If they start opening up the football for vaccinated people only, I’ll go postal. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, El Zen said:

Scrapping the AZ jab outright for all age groups was almost comically cowardly.

Disagree on that one. It's pretty essential people trust the vaccine. Enough people simply wouldn't take the AZ vaccine.

You see already now what a mess the JJ situation is, with 3 of the biggest medical chains refusing to treat people with it.

As for my Moderna shot yesterday I feel nothing, except my deltoid is hurting like an absolute really bad person. Like someone hit it with a bat.

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

As for my Moderna shot yesterday I feel nothing, except my deltoid is hurting like an absolute really bad person. Like someone hit it with a bat.

Oh man! I mean that’s right back to how the whole pandemic thing started. Sounds like you’re probably done for. So sad.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

R rate is now 1.2 to 1.4

Talk of 4 week slip of the final stage. 

This bloody Delta varient came at EXACTLY the wrong time.  If it was only a couple of weeks behind we'd have so many more vaccinated/fully protected by the time it reached thjs stage.  Fine margins. 

A delay looks unfortunately inevitable. I'm hoping for just 2 weeks so my daughters prom goes ahead but 4 weeks is looking more likely 😔

Just now, sidcow said:

This bloody Delta varient came at EXACTLY the wrong time.  If it was only a couple of weeks behind we'd have so many more vaccinated/fully protected by the time it reached thjs stage.  Fine margins. 

A delay looks unfortunately inevitable. I'm hoping for just 2 weeks so my daughters prom goes ahead but 4 weeks is looking more likely 😔

Also on the table apparently are some caveats like bigger groups allowed for weddings. Maybe some parties, proms etc might also get reduced restrictions.

We've cancelled our daughters party (23rd) but hopefully be able to take her and a couple of friends out to do something fun. 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Surely we should be basing it on the number of hospital admissions and deaths, not the R rate? 

True, it annoys me how only part of the data set gets reported (like r rate or the number of daily infections).

Saying that deaths and hospitalisations are both also rising.

It seems like the vaccines have little impact on the Delta variant until after the second dose.

Edited by Genie

The R rate of the Delta variant is currently 1.4, with our current restrictions. If it's bad enough to delay further relaxing of measures, how long is it before they start to reintroduce stricter measures to get it back down?

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The R rate of the Delta variant is currently 1.4, with our current restrictions. If it's bad enough to delay further relaxing of measures, how long is it before they start to reintroduce stricter measures to get it back down?

Locking down fully vaccinated people when the data shows the vaccine almost completely stops serious illness would be absurdly authoritarian. 

Â