Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I think given more time that the Brexit brigade will turn on Boris / Conservative unless he can perform some kind of miracle to appease them.

I think people are starting to become critical of not having Brexit quite as done as he made out which will bite when they are losing their jobs and businesses.

Edited by Genie

Some fool on my Facebook timeline just posted this

6-EA0-D989-2-B6-C-41-CB-AF60-A97530-AEF6

4-E5-BF3-BB-F6-D3-4-A46-8441-A33307-B3-F

I like the line that the reporting systems are showing that only 1% of adverse reactions are reported :lol: 

Edited by Genie

10 hours ago, Genie said:

We’re already out of lockdown and have been for months.

For some of us. There are still a huge amount of businesses propped up by furlough, additional Government and banking support. 

For me, i'm almost back to normal. I can see my mates, see my family, go out to the pub. For a lot of others though, life is still on hold. Without work and no chance of finding any. 

Perhaps 'getting back to normal' was what the poster meant. :) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Xela said:

For some of us. There are still a huge amount of businesses propped up by furlough, additional Government and banking support. 

For me, i'm almost back to normal. I can see my mates, see my family, go out to the pub. For a lot of others though, life is still on hold. Without work and no chance of finding any. 

Perhaps 'getting back to normal' was what the poster meant. :) 

Yeah for sure, big parts of the economy still on hold, like foreign travel as well as nightclubs and gigs/music industry.

I was more thinking about not being told to stay home, or when we could go out but everything apart from essential retail was closed which is what I personally considered “lockdown”.

The fact my daughter’s birthday party has been cancelled has saved me a packet 👀 

We’ll just take a couple of her mates to the cinema or bowling and some food now I think.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Anyone want to bet that he doesn't open on June 21st as he's threatened?

It would be interesting to see who would go, considering it’s clearly opened illegally. 

Not point scoring in any way here. I’m double jabbed but my work is being impacted by the postponement.

Has anyone asked / observed that ‘freedom day’ has been postponed by 4 weeks in england to allow more vaccinations and they are 4 to 6 weeks behind wales on the vaccination programme?

Is there anything that could be learned on how other nations have managed the extra vaccinations? It can’t be that we have faster nurses, have we potentially got a different set up in some way? Or just per capita put more human resource in to it? I don’t know the answer but I’d like to think all 4 nations are trying to pool best practise?

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Not point scoring in any way here. I’m double jabbed but my work is being impacted by the postponement.

Has anyone asked / observed that ‘freedom day’ has been postponed by 4 weeks in england to allow more vaccinations and they are 4 to 6 weeks behind wales on the vaccination programme?

Is there anything that could be learned on how other nations have managed the extra vaccinations? It can’t be that we have faster nurses, have we potentially got a different set up in some way? Or just per capita put more human resource in to it? I don’t know the answer but I’d like to think all 4 nations are trying to pool best practise?

My first reaction was it must just be more resource per capita. But as far as I'm aware, England has been doing jabs as fast as they can get them so the bottleneck hasn't been resource. Therefore Wales must have just been allocated more vaccines per capita.

Didn’t Hancock say the other day that Wales were “ahead” because they didn’t hold a surplus back for 2nd doses but England did. He said if Wales was short for second doses they’d call on England’s buffer stock.

He said as soon as Wales got deliveries they were using them but other nations were holding some in reserve.

It’s Hancock, so almost certainly bollocks.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

My first reaction was it must just be more resource per capita. But as far as I'm aware, England has been doing jabs as fast as they can get them so the bottleneck hasn't been resource. Therefore Wales must have just been allocated more vaccines per capita.

No, I think the number of vaccines per capita has been discounted / dismissed. it was a suggestion from Matt Hancock I believe and it was rubbished by Drakeford, but then the actual reason didn’t appear to be explored any further.

My guess, based on nothing, is more NHS personnel / resource per capita. I also know that in the early days, the Wales NHS system was set up by army logistics people, but I would guess the England NHS one was too?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Didn’t Hancock say the other day that Wales were “ahead” because they didn’t hold a surplus back for 2nd doses but England did. He said if Wales was short for second doses they’d call on England’s buffer stock.

He said as soon as Wales got deliveries they were using them but other nations were holding some in reserve.

It’s Hancock, so almost certainly bollocks.

It was bollocks, officially rebutted by Welsh Govt., they all but called it bollocks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Promising data. I think BJ will use it to extend restrictions for another month. 

Suggests that we should assume every new strain will be completely resistant to the exiting vaccines.

• Like 1

Â