Generic Virus Thread

villakram

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d wait.

My wife really struggled after her first AZ jab. Her arm was red, sore and swollen for 4-5 weeks. We suspect it could have been down to moving some furniture around the day after.

When we looked up the symptoms online  it looked to be very common with Moderna (Google Moderna arm).

3f60303b-e6fd-4534-adb4-d25af66893d2-lar

2nd jab it was fully rested for a couple of days and was absolutely fine.

I’d avoid any heavy lifting just in case.

After just getting back to speed in the gym after AGES off, I will be so disappointed if I have to take a month off due to the vaccine. :(

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

After just getting back to speed in the gym after AGES off, I will be so disappointed if I have to take a month off due to the vaccine. :(

I’d says 3-4 days should be fine for your arm. Just do other parts of your body. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Just cancelled my second dose booking for Walsall (14.6 miles away) and managed to rebook 0.6 miles away for same day and same time. Nice!

Did you do this through the NHS website? It's saying there's no availability for my 2nd dose at Bromsgrove even though my mates booked in with no trouble and he had his 1st dose yesterday too ??

10 minutes ago, MCU said:

Did you do this through the NHS website? It's saying there's no availability for my 2nd dose at Bromsgrove even though my mates booked in with no trouble and he had his 1st dose yesterday too ??

Yes, through the NHS website. Previously I got the pick of a week but today just 1 day (which fortunately is the only day that week I can go). 
It’s a bit of a leap of faith as you need to delete the old booking before looking for a new one. Ideally you can look before agreeing to switch.

Edited by Genie

Just now, Genie said:

Yes, through the NHS website. Previously I got the pick of a week but today just 1 day (which fortunately is the only day that week I can go). 

Righto, I will keep checking over the coming weeks then!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MCU said:

phone up instead of using the website, you'll wait on hold for a bit (about 10 mins iirc) but they will help you.

The problem with the whole system, even if you do speak to someone, is that you/they have to cancel your original appointment first (which is sodding stupid)

I managed to move my appointment forward three weeks when I did that

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

The problem with the whole system, even if you do speak to someone, is that you/they have to cancel your original appointment first (which is sodding stupid)

I also had fun ticking the "send me a reminder" checkbox, only to not get a reminder. So I found the "manage your booking" page, but you can't do anything without the booking reference.

I wonder how many hundreds of millions of pounds we spent on it. The vaccine rollout itself has been incredible, but come on, it's a **** appointment system, it's not complicated or a novel problem.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What an incredibly silly thing to say; it's almost a relief to know that it's a cynical lie, and not their real reason.

Tories don’t like people giving cash to mates?!

Hancock bare faced has repeatedly claimed there was never a shortage of PPE. Given what we all witnessed for weeks from March last year if he can lie about this then it is no longer worth listening to a thing he says.  

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Tories don’t like people giving cash to mates?!

Tories don't want to make the welfare state more generous for fear that they won't be able to put the genie back in the box later.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Well there it is. Apparentley the officials realised I'm in a risk group (even if I kind of disagree), so I'm called in for vaccination today.

Anyone had Moderna? Any side effects?

Do you think I can lift weights after the shot or should I wait a day or two?

I had the Moderna. Fine after the first jab, absolutely no side effects. After the second, I felt lousy for about 24 hours.

Â