Generic Virus Thread

villakram

7 hours ago, Genie said:

EU is suing AZ, for the vaccines they have been desperate not to use since it was approved.

Some countries in the EU/EEA have opted to stop using AZ and others have continued and would like their promised allocation to be delivered. For example, Sweden has taken Norway’s unwanted doses for example and the Swedish chief epidemiologist (Anders Tegnell) specifically took the AZ vaccine to encourage its use. 

Tegnell, who turned 65 last week, told Corren he wanted “to send an important signal that Astra is a great vaccine for people over 65”.

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.thelocal.se/20210419/swedens-state-epidemiologist-anders-tegnell-gets-astra-zeneca-covid-vaccine/%3famp

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Vaccination now open to 42 year olds and up. 

Getting close! I’ll hopefully be able to have mine within a few weeks.

Edited by Genie

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Some countries in the EU/EEA have opted to stop using AZ and others have continued and would like their promised allocation to be delivered. For example, Sweden has taken Norway’s unwanted doses for example and the Swedish chief epidemiologist (Anders Tegnell) specifically took the AZ vaccine to encourage its use. 

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.thelocal.se/20210419/swedens-state-epidemiologist-anders-tegnell-gets-astra-zeneca-covid-vaccine/%3famp

Not all that surprising Sweden have a slight bias towards the vaccine mind. What I find weird is that they refused to use JJ. Isn't the AZ, JJ and Sputnik the same vaccine in terms of how it works? Think they said something about them being vector based and the Moderna and Pfizer is Mrna or something. I have no clue tbh, just what I heard.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Vaccination now open to 42 year olds and up. 

I don't get why they do this. Yesterday it was 44, now a day later its 42

They did the same in my age group 56+ (a drop of 4 years) then two days later 55+

I don't get the benefit of the approach

1 minute ago, bickster said:

They did the same in my age group 56+ (a drop of 4 years) then two days later 55+

Or I to be honest. They must have had an inkling when it dropped to 44 that 42 was close. Why not wait a day and it looks far more impressive. Suspect we will be at 40 before the end of the week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Or I to be honest. They must have had an inkling when it dropped to 44 that 42 was close. Why not wait a day and it looks far more impressive. Suspect we will be at 40 before the end of the week. 

Its not like the increments make sense either. Add 1 year, then the next day drop by a further 2? *Insert Spock Gif*

Also how accurate do you think that is? Totally depends on the individual location administering them, the demographics of the population they’re serving and their criteria and uptake.

‘Open’ has a loose meaning too, they’re supposed to be contacting us - it’s not like Villa away tickets.

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

So the website doesn’t get overloaded with people all trying to book at once.

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

So the website doesn’t get overloaded with people all trying to book at once.

Possibly but one day a drop of 1 next day a further drop of 2 doesn't really add up to that. Same for when they did a drop of 4 to 56 then two days later dropped it by a further 1 to 55

They also didn't do it for the 50-55 category or the 45-50 at all, if it was web traffic you'd imagine the pattern to be more regular. If it was vaccine supply, you'd think they'd have done it for the previous two groups when there was a known supply issue.

It's not really a big issue, it's just me trying to work out the logic of it.

More Test and Trace buffoonery tales:

They appear to have the timeframes down to 7 days now, this is an improvement

They now appear to want me to download a spreadsheet from a Microsoft Online Account, which requires us to have an account with Microsoft. Yep, that isn't happening. Idiots!

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

Have GP’s stopped calling people in now? It seems it’s all about the national booking system now. 
Maybe GP’s we’re just doing the top groups.

No my brother turned 43 last week and got his call Sunday before last to turn up at the surgery at 10.45 that morning.  I think there is still a good chance that if you're 40 or maybe even late 30s then you could get contacted very soon, it's just that now anyone 42 and over can book a jab themselves without getting contacted first.  I'm in the cohort below my brother as I'm 35 so I'm hoping they will have worked their way down to me by next week.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

In some areas GPs are ahead of the National booking system and in other areas the National booking system is ahead of GPs.

This was the case for me and many of my friends and relatives. Sutton definitely seems to be ahead of the curve in general, and even within different parts of Sutton they are calling different age groups up via the GPs.

I think some parts of South Staffs are even further ahead in terms of age groups.

On 26/04/2021 at 09:32, Genie said:

Over 2,800 Covid deaths in India in the past 24 hours. A lot are being attributed to lack of oxygen supplies. I know they have a wide disparity of wealth in that country but this isn’t new, I’d have thought they’d have prepared for this. 

Not with that **** Modi in charge. Criminal that he allowed the Kumbh Mela and political rallies to continue.

Â