Generic Virus Thread

villakram

11 hours ago, mjmooney said:

My neighbours have two girls, five and two. They were telling me that the two year old has had no contact with men other than her dad during the pandemic (she goes to nursery, but all the staff are women). When they had a plumber round to do some work in the house she seemed really scared of him. 

That said, I think kids adapt to changes - even quite traumatic ones - remarkably quickly. 

I hadn't even thought about that but it's basically the same for our little one. He goes to nursery where all staff are women but doesn't go to any kids clubs like he used to. Apart from seeing me (a lot more than he used to which is a plus) he hasn't really seen any other men. He's seen his grandad once every few months but not properly and then the odd tradesman in our house or when he goes to the park/supermarket etc. Doesn't seem afraid of men luckily though. 

Meanwhile in the UK Statistics for positive tests, deaths, people admitted to hospital, people in hospital and people on ventilators all continue to fall week on week compared to the corresponding day the week before. 

We're definitely in a good place right now and I see absolutely no reason why the 17th May changes shouldn't take place. 

The opening of shops and outdoor pubs hasn't had an adverse result yet. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Covid jab booked in for 2 weeks time. Has felt like ages but finally got the text!

Great news.  I've already booked in my 2nd jab on the NHS booking website (it only needs your name, date of birth and postcode).  I did it when booking my first dose. 

Edited by trekka
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, trekka said:

Great news.  I've already booked in my 2nd jab on the NHS booking website (it only needs your name, date of birth and postcode). 

What's your date for that? They still sticking to 12 weeks? 

Just now, sidcow said:

What's your date for that? They still sticking to 12 weeks? 

17th July is the one I've got, which works out well with it being on a Saturday. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Have you felt any side effects from having yours? (or still buzzing from the lovely lady?!)

I felt a bit sleepy earlier but nothing else.  I've heard that some people feel a bit tired for a few days but I don't have a headache or anything.  It might be too soon to say but so far, so good. 

• Like 1

I had my jab Thursday night, went out for some beers on the night and didn't sleep great (I don't get on well with alcohol but still drink it like an idiot). Woke up very achy yesterday. I didn't feel great most of yesterday but probably only about the same as I would from not enough sleep with beers the night before. Got a little tickly cough too. Had a few paracetamol during the day which got rid of the achiness. 

Had a good sleep last night and woke up feeling fine today just a sore left shoulder. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

I had my jab Thursday night, went out for some beers on the night and didn't sleep great (I don't get on well with alcohol but still drink it like an idiot). Woke up very achy yesterday. I didn't feel great most of yesterday but probably only about the same as I would from not enough sleep with beers the night before. Got a little tickly cough too. Had a few paracetamol during the day which got rid of the achiness. 

Had a good sleep last night and woke up feeling fine today just a sore left shoulder. 

It's a familiar story, seems to be how it affects most people. Not pleasant but an extremely minor inconvenience compared to actually catching the beastie. 

Just now, sidcow said:

It's a familiar story, seems to be how it affects most people. Not pleasant but an extremely minor inconvenience compared to actually catching the beastie. 

I would have hardly noticed anything had I not had beers and a crap night's sleep. I've woken up feeling much worse plenty of times and not thought anything of it. Makes me wonder if those days when I just don't feel great is when I've picked something up that my immune system has already got a good idea about and is just getting rid in the background.

On 01/05/2021 at 17:54, darrenm said:

I got hit with the shivers on Saturday night so had an early night.  Was very achey and I felt tired yesterday but I've woke up feeling fine today :).

• Like 3

My parents (who live in France) had theirs the other day. They had a choice of either Pfizer or AZ. First time I’ve ever heard of someone getting a choice. They went for Pfizer.

Â