Generic Virus Thread

villakram

10 hours ago, darrenm said:

"have you had x,y,z?"

"no"

"are you allergic to a,b,c?"

"no"

"hmm, now we're doing younger people we're getting lots more nos"

Must admit I felt slightly smug when I went through the same dialogue.  :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, trekka said:

Aged 40 and over can now book the jab.

Sky News

Awesome.  I've tried loading the NHS booking website (with me being aged 40) but it still shows aged 42 and over.  I guess that will change soon :D.

EDIT:  Even though it still says aged 42 and over, the system lets you book.  I'm now booked in Saturday morning :)

Great news, I’m 39 so any day now I’ll be able to book. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

At the start of the week it was people aged 44 and above.

Going by the pace, I'd say it could literally be a few days away :)

• Like 1

I'm a bit worried about how quickly the age groups are dropping coupled with reports like "booked in for Saturday" 

They're only getting through just over 100,000 new jabs a day, there are very roughly 1m in each age year.  It should be taking them about 10 days to get through that 1m so unless there is a big increase in Vaccine supply I'm worried they're not getting many bookings. 

That said it was only supposed to be April where there was a supply issue.  Hopefully we can see a return to 800,000 + a day again.  I can't see that missing 5m of AstraZeneca from India which caused this slowdown suddenly arriving in the near future with what's going on over there.  Maybe Moderna is stepping up. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm a bit worried about how quickly the age groups are dropping coupled with reports like "booked in for Saturday" 

They're only getting through just over 100,000 new jabs a day, there are very roughly 1m in each age year.  It should be taking them about 10 days to get through that 1m so unless there is a big increase in Vaccine supply I'm worried they're not getting many bookings. 

That said it was only supposed to be April where there was a supply issue.  Hopefully we can see a return to 800,000 + a day again.  I can't see that missing 5m of AstraZeneca from India which caused this slowdown suddenly arriving in the near future with what's going on over there.  Maybe Moderna is stepping up. 

I'm taking it as a positive move (and I'm not just saying that because I'm now booked for my first dose).  If they aren't at capacity then surely it makes sense to use the vaccines on others in order to carry on building our collective immunity.  

4 minutes ago, trekka said:

I'm taking it as a positive move (and I'm not just saying that because I'm now booked for my first dose).  If they aren't at capacity then surely it makes sense to use the vaccines on others in order to carry on building our collective immunity.  

Oh absolutely, most important thing is to get as many jabs into as many arms as possible, I'm just worried not enough are booking now. 

As I say, maybe it's more that we've just got loads more supply in May. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh absolutely, most important thing is to get as many jabs into as many arms as possible, I'm just worried not enough are booking now. 

As I say, maybe it's more that we've just got loads more supply in May. 

Stat on the BBC I saw said that 90% of over 45’s had received the first dose.

That was reassuring as I guess some of the remaining 10% are booked but waiting for the day. Then there’s those that can’t have it for whatever reason.

Edited by Genie

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

Maybe one for @villakramor @maqroll or someone, but what do Americans think about vaccines just been handed out freely (I'm assuming they are free) to all and sundry.

Isn't it a bit free medical care ish? I'm suprised there aren't protests or something. 

It's not necessarily free.

If you have insurance, in MI at least, you are required to bring your card to the vaccine appointment. I think, this is so the insurance company can claim it back off .gov through one of the various huge bailout programs.

So, yes free... but with bonus profits for our corporate overlords. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Man its becoming so tiresome with some people. If you want to live your life in fear 99.9% of the time whats the point of living?

Like fancy coming to sit in the garden?

"How bigs your garden" 

How far apart are your chairs

Can i get to your garden without walking into the house?

Will you be wearing masks? 🤦‍♂️

Its crazy. A chap at work, him and his wife went to their friends for a drink in the garden recently. After a couple of drinks, my mate needed to use the facilities. He was refused entry to the house to use the toilet by the lady of the house! Her husband said it was fine but the wife wasn't having it. My mate and his missus left. What else you going to do?

The poor lady has been brainwashed. 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its crazy. A chap at work, him and his wife went to their friends for a drink in the garden recently. After a couple of drinks, my mate needed to use the facilities. He was refused entry to the house to use the toilet by the lady of the house! Her husband said it was fine but the wife wasn't having it. My mate and his missus left. What else you going to do?

My wife's best mate is like that. Still disinfecting every item of her shopping. Handling all her mail with tongs, and leaving it in the garage for 48 hours before touching it. Is umming and aahhing about coming round to sit in our garden, and has already said she wouldn't accept a cup of tea or coffee if she did. 

15 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

My wife's best mate is like that. Still disinfecting every item of her shopping. Handling all her mail with tongs, and leaving it in the garage for 48 hours before touching it. Is umming and aahhing about coming round to sit in our garden, and has already said she wouldn't accept a cup of tea or coffee if she did. 

The residual affect in society from this whole situation will be interesting to see develop. 

If you think about kids at the ages of 2-4, they won’t know about human contact beyond their parent(s) potentially, how will they be affected long term I wonder.

Edited by bannedfromHandV

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

Entering someone’s house to use the toilet is within the rules too. 

9 hours ago, Genie said:

Me too, or so I thought until the docs phoned today and said wait until you speak to the dr in a weeks time, due to an allergic a few back that they couldn't work out. 😩

Edited by lammy123
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The residual affect in society from this whole situation will be interesting to see develop. 

If you think about kids at the ages of 2-4, they won’t know about human contact beyond their parent(s) potentially, how will they be affected long term I wonder.

Shite parents are shite parents, and fooked up kids are fooked up kids... the great circle of life.

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

My neighbours have two girls, five and two. They were telling me that the two year old has had no contact with men other than her dad during the pandemic (she goes to nursery, but all the staff are women). When they had a plumber round to do some work in the house she seemed really scared of him. 

That said, I think kids adapt to changes - even quite traumatic ones - remarkably quickly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

God that is absolutely ridiculous 

How can you live life like this

• Like 1

Â