Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, Genie said:

Yes, but it was never going to be achievable. Completely unrealistic and everyone could see it.

What isnt achievable about not before June the 21st? June the 20th?

2 hours ago, Genie said:

After a really promising start expectations were raised at how many people they could do.

General fatigue and losing some key members of staff have lead to a big slump in the recent performance.

Whilst it’s disappointing that they’re not doing quite as well with vaccinations currently they are ahead of where they expected to be at this stage due to the early form. 

66133066.jpg

• Like 1

Covid: The London bus trip that saved maybe a million lives

The Recovery trial was set up in March 2020 to test existing drugs on Covid patients, to see if they had an effect on the disease. The findings of the trial have saved hundreds of thousands of lives.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56508369

This is an amazing story. Can't believe more hasn't been made of it 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

My parents live in France, in their 60’s no sign of the jab at all.

Mine are in their 70s and they had to demand it off their doctor. Both have medical conditions that quite frankly surprise me they are still around. They have had to work to get their jabs. The french seem incredibly lax. 

Looks like covid passports are on the way. Personally I'm for it - not sure it can be done - but absolutely give me a normal pub experience with a mostly safe knowledge that there's no covid in there. 

As others have said in this thread, showing your medical history upon entry to any public place is all a bit dystopian to me.

Also discriminatory against those who haven't had any chance to receive it yet, through no fault of their own, who are low risk and likely healthy.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

As others have said in this thread, showing your medical history upon entry to any public place is all a bit dystopian to me.

Also discriminatory against those who haven't had any chance to receive it yet, through no fault of their own, who are low risk and likely healthy.

TBF - it appears you need only show an app that says yes you have been vaccinated - rather than any medical history of any other nature. Also, cinemas are proposing offering vaccinated screenings AND non vaccinated screenings, allowing people a choice. Not sure if pubs can also opt out, but I assume they could. It's all getting a bit weird. 

3 hours ago, Genie said:

My parents live in France, in their 60’s no sign of the jab at all.

Its really bad in France now isnt it. I have to give credit where credit is due. we have done better than any other country in rolling out the vaccine. 

• Like 1

Vaccine passports are dumb.

edit; I take it back, it’s on the provision that every adult has been offered a jab.

I still think it would be an expensive waste of money, but at least it’s only prohibitive to those who’ve chosen not to have the vaccine. I question that, but I don’t care anywhere near as much because I’ll have it ASAP.

Edited by a m ole

If vaccine passports are only a thing after everyone has been offered the vaccine, what's the point? I'd expect so few people to have rejected it that it's worth bothering sure to herd immunity coming in to play.

Is it more a move to pressure any skeptics into having it rather than a useful tool in its own right?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You know what, Chris, mate? They should bring back National Service mate. No, no, hear me out. The thing about old people today, Chris, is that they've grown feckless, complacent and idle thanks to their triple-locked pensions, their 'mobility issues' and their Michael Portillo documentaries that are on BBC 1 24 hours a day. But you know what Chris mate, it's nothing that a year of ten-hour, minimum-wage shifts at city centre Wetherspoons on Friday and Saturday nights wouldn't knock out of 'em.

The carpets would doubtless still be sticky, but at least with the older generation behind the bar they could correct your drinks order for you.

’we ordered two pints of lager’

’yes, but I noticed you were with a lady, so I switched hers to a medium white wine and I’ve got you an Old Speckled Hen, put hairs on your chest’.

• Like 2

Â