Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Bozza might be handing over responsibility on rules in pubs, to pub landlords (Libertarian you might say...) - seems a sound idea - pubs want no social distancing in order to make money - people want no social distancing too - answer - get the landlords to ask for proof of vaccianation or a negative test before letting someone in. I don't know about you but I'm fairly sure absolutely nothing can go wrong with that. 

it buck passes again. It ensures any anger will be directed at landlords who don't let people in. 

Fingers crossed in wales stuff can start opening up very soon, might be able to book a self-catering place in wales next month, which would be a blessed relief

27 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Bozza might be handing over responsibility on rules in pubs, to pub landlords (Libertarian you might say...) - seems a sound idea - pubs want no social distancing in order to make money - people want no social distancing too - answer - get the landlords to ask for proof of vaccianation or a negative test before letting someone in. I don't know about you but I'm fairly sure absolutely nothing can go wrong with that. 

Yep, it’s a solid plan. People should just apply common sense because that has seen us so well so far.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, it’s a solid plan. People should just apply common sense because that has seen us so well so far.

Well we haven’t really done that have we?

We’ve listened to and for the most part, abided by the whims and wants of the government and yet here we are, with one of the worst death and infection rates in the world - and we’re an island nation, I doubt any other island nation has even come close to hitting our levels of ineptitude.

Then we have what I feel will become a cataclysmic impact on the economy, mental and physical health (general) and in some quarters now a total breakdown of trust and faith in those people tasked with leading the country.

But yeah, let’s just stick with the same shit, in fact why not just make lockdown mandatory for the rest of our lives, surely that will eradicate this pesky virus.

We’ve tried to cure the headache by cutting off the head.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Yeah but forcing burden of proof of vaccination as a requirement of entry is far far from Libertarian and imposes a much higher burden on the Landlord (checks harder than counting) and removes the freedom of the individual

So no, not Libertarian at all

• Like 2

It will be an absolutely disgrace if there are vaccine checks anywhere before every person in the country has been offered a vaccine, but I have little complaints about being able to request proof of vaccination once there has been a universal rollout as long as there are protections built in for those who medically can not have the vaccine. 

People have the right to refuse the vaccine, but I think others should have the right to not have to interact with those people if they choose to. 

If the government allow discrimination against people who have not yet been offered the vaccine though, I'll be joining in with the riots.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

I got first dose vaccinated and have a tiny piece of card with my details hand written on it - surely that will not suffice as proof? Just can't see how they're going to make this work domestically, will surely have to be yet another app or an add-on to an existing app, that will work in all parts of UK, all in time for reopening? Never going to happen. 

The 29 million people that have so far had one jab are all at various times within the next 12 weeks going to require a second jab (2.5 mill have so far had 2nd jab). Seems a big ask if there is going to be a reduction in supply over the next month. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bickster said:

Are you above or below 50 years old?

53, just had the covid as well caught it off the Mrs who had the first vaccination  . She had it mild, I had nothing for 5 days then loss of smell taste,  a cracking permanent  headache and a sleeping pattern that took me back 40 years, 12 hours solid sleep and still felt knackered.  Just getting over it now but it come back in waves .

Edited by tinker

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Yeah but forcing burden of proof of vaccination as a requirement of entry is far far from Libertarian and imposes a much higher burden on the Landlord (checks harder than counting) and removes the freedom of the individual

So no, not Libertarian at all

I guess I'm the crazy radical who thinks people should be able to access a PUBLIC HOUSE without presenting their medical records for inspection.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tinker said:

53, just had the covid as well caught it off the Mrs who had the first vaccination  . She had it mild, I had nothing for 5 days then loss of smell taste,  a cracking permanent  headache and a sleeping pattern that took me back 40 years, 12 hours solid sleep and still felt knackered.  Just getting over it now but it come back in waves .

Have they given you a reason why it was cancelled? Because at that age you are still in the priority groups

EDIT: And the reason I'm so interested is because I'm booked in next Thursday, when I'll be 56 and 1 day, so I really don't want my appointment cancelled

New hard lockdown introduced in Poland. Everything other than Supermarkets closed. Oh, and churches. Churches remain open of course. But let's not be too harsh. They moved the restriction from 1 person per 15m/s to 20m/s so they should be applauded really.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have they given you a reason why it was cancelled? Because at that age you are still in the priority groups

EDIT: And the reason I'm so interested is because I'm booked in next Thursday, when I'll be 56 and 1 day, so I really don't want my appointment cancelled

COVID-19 VACCINATION APPOINTMENT NOTIFICATION

Due to unforeseen circumstances we need to reschedule your vaccination appointment. We apologise for any inconvenience.

You are currently booked in at Villa Park - Holte Suite between 29 March and 23 April. Unfortunately we are now unable to vaccinate you here and would ask you to rebook your appointment at either Millennium Point or Edgbaston Cricket Ground where there are available appointments slots to ensure you get your vaccine. 

Â