Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, tinker said:

COVID-19 VACCINATION APPOINTMENT NOTIFICATION

Due to unforeseen circumstances we need to reschedule your vaccination appointment. We apologise for any inconvenience.

You are currently booked in at Villa Park - Holte Suite between 29 March and 23 April. Unfortunately we are now unable to vaccinate you here and would ask you to rebook your appointment at either Millennium Point or Edgbaston Cricket Ground where there are available appointments slots to ensure you get your vaccine. 

It sounds like an issue with Villa Park, not Vaccine supply at least. Have you managed to rebook yet?

38 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have they given you a reason why it was cancelled? Because at that age you are still in the priority groups

EDIT: And the reason I'm so interested is because I'm booked in next Thursday, when I'll be 56 and 1 day, so I really don't want my appointment cancelled

Subtle way to tell everyone when you're birthday is :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it potentially the case that in England they need to make sure that if there’s a restriction in supply then there are sufficient doses for the 3 month 2nd jab that is rolling around?

A little bit of temporary rationing of first doses.

Just a theory.

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Is it potentially the case that in England they need to make sure that if there’s a restriction in supply then there are sufficient doses for the 3 month 2nd jab that is rolling around?

A little bit of temporary rationing of first doses.

Just a theory.

Not if he's 53 because they were going to limit it but 50 and over were guaranteed if I read it correctly

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Subtle way to tell everyone when you're birthday is :P

HAHA, yes but No, it was kinda relevant because when I booked it, it was in that period where they oddly were doing 56 year olds but not 55, so I had to argue that I was 56 on that date to get the appointment

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

The 29 million people that have so far had one jab are all at various times within the next 12 weeks going to require a second jab (2.5 mill have so far had 2nd jab). Seems a big ask if there is going to be a reduction in supply over the next month. 

One of the reasons there is a reduction in supply is because they are holding them back for second jabs. 

It's not so much of a reduction in supply ad not getting the extra supplies we were expecting so what we get is mainly for second jabs. 

Most of the big uplift we've seen in the last 2 weeks has been due to "extra" jabs from India which were supposed to be 10m but reduced to 5m.

• Like 1

One of the reasons I wanted to go to my GP and not a major center was due to 2nd Jab. At least I know where I will be going.  I ways thought Villa would want The Holte Suite back at some point and I wonder what Warwickshire will do when the cricket season reopens, although unless it's England or 20/20 there's generally only one man and his dog there. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56521166

Covid vaccine: AstraZeneca updates US vaccine efficacy results

AstraZeneca has updated the efficacy result of its coronavirus vaccine trial in the US, after health officials insisted they wanted to include the latest information.

The Anglo-Swedish firm has now adjusted the efficacy rate of its vaccine from 79% to 76%.

Further data from the US trial showed efficacy among the over 65s rose from 80% to 85%.

After the initial release of data the company received a highly unusual public rebuke from independent scientists overseeing the trial, who said the company may have given "outdated information" that gave an "incomplete view" of the vaccine's effectiveness.

It is now clear that the numbers have not moved by much and it begs the question why such a row over data was not conducted in private. AstraZeneca has risked reputational damage as a result of the public ticking off and senior figures are privately dismayed by the row.

So why didn't AstraZeneca simply wait? I'm told that the company felt a duty to publish results on Monday as soon as the agreed threshold of cases had been passed. A key reason was that there was a specific analysis showing there were no safety issues regarding blood clots. Given that a few EU countries are still not using the vaccine because of concerns over clots, this information would provide reassurance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

General fatigue and losing some key members of staff have lead to a big slump in the recent performance.

Record numbers only last Friday and Saturday, not sure how you come to that conclusion

I personally don't think it is that surprising.  They still can't predict the impact of new variants and are keeping the powers in place in case they need to slam on the brakes.   

9 minutes ago, trekka said:

I personally don't think it is that surprising.  They still can't predict the impact of new variants and are keeping the powers in place in case they need to slam on the brakes.   

Me too.

I just think the promise of all restrictions being lifted by June 21st is classic Boris over promising which he’ll almost certainly under deliver on. 
It looks like they’re already planning for it. Furlough and their emergency powers run to end of September, at least.

Talk that earliest international holidays pushed back from 12th May to end of June is the first to go.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Me too.

I just think the promise of all restrictions being lifted by June 21st is classic Boris over promising which he’ll almost certainly under deliver on. 

Not a promise. “Not before June 21st”. 

Â