The Royal Family

Genie

32 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You been on Twitter again. I heard the royal carriage was shined with £15k polish, money which should have went on operations to save 100 puppies. 😂

Poverty is not the royals fault chap, if money wasn't going to the Royals, it'll be used to line the tories pockets anyway.

Not twitter, left leaning journalists for national newspapers certainly. There will be bias, no doubt, but I'll never base an opinion on the twitter echo chamber.

Your last point about money going to Tories kinda reinforces the point I'm making. Inequality of wealth will always benefit those already powerful. The royal family are far from the only example of this, but are probably the easiest example of it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

The more I see Camilla, the more I'm convinced she actually died years ago and somehow her corpse is being controlled by some high-tech puppetry. 

o5N4hbi.png

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, tomav84 said:

credit where it's due. the coronation has given us a cracking bank holiday of football. should do this more often.

God save the King!

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Nah, he definitely scored that one mate

I remember getting home and telling my mum as I walked through the door that I wanted to watch the match I'd recorded back immediately. She said i couldn't because it was still going on, I nearly shit a brick because I knew immediately we were in extra time.  I was so butt hurt from 1990, I couldn't believe it. 

30,000 the crowd.  Imagine how many tickets we'd sell if we drew Inter Milan today. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I remember getting home and telling my mum as I walked through the door that I wanted to watch the match I'd recorded back immediately. She said i couldn't because it was still going on, I nearly shit a brick because I knew immediately we were in extra time.  I was so butt hurt from 1990, I couldn't believe it. 

30,000 the crowd.  Imagine how many tickets we'd sell if we drew Inter Milan today. 

Wasn’t the ground being redeveloped at the time? Well The Holte End was ? 

God save our Philip King,

Long live our Philip King,

God save Phil King,

Sent us victorious,

On penalties t'was glorious,

Then Trabzonspor disposed of us

God save Phil King!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wasn’t the ground being redeveloped at the time? Well The Holte End was ? 

Ah, maybe that was it. 

What the **** is this Harry and Meghan chase thing? 

After what happened to his Mum why in earth would you order a driver to carry you around at High speed? 

I'd instruct the driver just to get where they're going in a calm and orderly fashion then get out of the car. What's going to harm him about yet more pictures of them getting out of a car?

It's all very weird. 

I wonder how long before Meghan gets sick of the circus as well. Must be a hell of a strain on the relationship. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What the **** is this Harry and Meghan chase thing? 

After what happened to his Mum why in earth would you order a driver to carry you around at High speed? 

I'd instruct the driver just to get where they're going in a calm and orderly fashion then get out of the car. What's going to harm him about yet more pictures of them getting out of a car?

It's all very weird. 

I wonder how long before Meghan gets sick of the circus as well. Must be a hell of a strain on the relationship. 

Take everything you hear from Harry and Meghan with a huge pinch of salt. 

6 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Take everything you hear from Harry and Meghan with a huge pinch of salt. 

Ah yes, because the media that report on them are famously balanced and unbiased.

Â