The Royal Family

Genie

On 08/05/2023 at 20:37, foreveryoung said:

You been on Twitter again. I heard the royal carriage was shined with £15k polish, money which should have went on operations to save 100 puppies. 😂

Poverty is not the royals fault chap, if money wasn't going to the Royals, it'll be used to line the tories pockets anyway.

Don't tell the brexiteers

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What the **** is this Harry and Meghan chase thing? 

After what happened to his Mum why in earth would you order a driver to carry you around at High speed? 

I'd instruct the driver just to get where they're going in a calm and orderly fashion then get out of the car. What's going to harm him about yet more pictures of them getting out of a car?

It's all very weird. 

I wonder how long before Meghan gets sick of the circus as well. Must be a hell of a strain on the relationship. 

I'd imagine they have dark windows anyway? Maybe not. 

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

Sonny the cab driver seems like to most credible source in this saga so far

Nah. Never trust a cab driver. Unreliable sorts I hear.

1 hour ago, HongKongVillan said:

Sonny the cab driver seems like to most credible source in this saga so far

You just know he asked them how much they usually pay.

Figures released today  show the Queens funeral and related events cost the tax payer £162m 

I'm sure we all agree it was money well spent

:mrgreen:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Figures released today  show the Queens funeral and related events cost the tax payer £162m 

I'm sure we all agree it was money well spent

:mrgreen:

I thought it was amusing that the BBC reported that the funeral cost the government £162m 

Queen Elizabeth II's funeral and related events cost the government an estimated £162m, the Treasury has said. 

The state funeral, held on 19 September 2022, followed a period of national mourning.

During that time hundreds of thousands of people visited Westminster where the monarch was lying in state.

The biggest costs were covered by the Home Office (£74m) and the Department of Culture, Media and Sport (£57m).

BBC

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

I thought it was amusing that the BBC reported that the funeral cost the government £162m 

BBC

Are you saying it was funded by money they earned selling on Vinted?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Are you saying it was funded by money they earned selling on Vinted?

I think that’s what the BBC would like us to believe.

It struck me as odd they worded is as being paid for by the Government, and not tax payers. I’m sure they have their reasons.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Do we know how much the other tenders were?

Were they 6 close bids or did someone essentially buy that funeral in the hope of add ons?

Well, yeah. They got a Coronation in addition. 

15 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Do we know how much the other tenders were?

Were they 6 close bids or did someone essentially buy that funeral in the hope of add ons?

Initial winning tender “Royal Funerals Ltd” were stripped of the gig after it emerged they had no history of holding any kind of events and the company itself was only 2 weeks old and registered to a 2 bed semi in Surrey. Sadly the £80m non-refundable deposit had already been paid.

The local yacht builder is happy though. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Watching this slow, ever-more-humiliating disintegration of the idea of the nobility-by-birth, well, it just warms the cockles of my heart ... 

Spotify’s head of podcast innovation and monetisation has labelled Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex “grifters” after their $20m, multi-year deal to make podcasts with the streaming platform came to an end after they made just 12 episodes.

Ringer podcast network founder Bill Simmons – who sold his company to Spotify for $196m in 2020 and gained a leadership role at the company in the deal – criticised Harry and Meghan on his own podcast, following the announcement that the Sussexes’ audio production company, Archewell, had severed ties with Spotify. The couple signed a $20m deal with Spotify in 2020.

The Archetypes podcast, which was hosted by Meghan, featured conversations with friends and celebrities including Serena Williams, Mariah Carey and Trevor Noah. It topped the podcast charts for Spotify in a number of markets, but only 12 episodes were made.

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Bit of a weird one isn’t it. $20m was silly money to be offered by Spotify so it’s their own fault really.

Then the bit at the end suggests it was quite successful so why are Spotify so upset about it? Did they forget to put a minimum amount of episodes in the contract so now Meghan and Harry have taken then money and decided there’s no point in making more as they’ve already been paid?

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

If you read it all (I know...) there's a fair bit to it but absolutely nothing controversial or even that much of a story

The contract was matually terminated so they probably won't have got the $20m they'll have got a portion

Spotify expected more episodes, that doesn't say they had a contractual obligation to do more episodes

Sounds to me like the success of it has actually killed it, Spotify wanted more but they said no, they wanted to put it elsewhere too but Spotify said no

• Like 1

Â