The Royal Family

Genie

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Thanks for pointing that out.  I was under the misunderstanding that the queen had been murdered by the Belgium Army as it swept across Scotland in a very secretive invasion.  

I personally can’t understand the level of grief being displayed.  My point was that it’s reasonable to show support for another country when they are dealing with something that is a major event for them.  

I imagine the Uk will do the same when Dame Edna Everage has her state funeral in Sydney. 

Les Patterson already booked to do the eulogy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Listen to Chas groan at the pleb:

Quite rightly so as well, Attention seeking at its best. His Mother had just died ffs. Fair enough if he does not like the Royal family stay away. Until we democratically get rid of the royal family this is a pointless argument and I suspect any attempt to get rid of them will be met with true British grit. Have some bloody respect

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I had that exact thought. Put her in the carriage or hearse or something and take her past the queue.

There is no road next to the queue and in many places no space to walk past let alone anything else. You'd also suddenly go from a line to a huge scrum, including people not involved in the queue in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Quite rightly so as well, Attention seeking at its best. His Mother had just died ffs. Fair enough if he does not like the Royal family stay away. Until we democratically get rid of the royal family this is a pointless argument and I suspect any attempt to get rid of them will be met with true British grit. Have some bloody respect

You bang on about doing things democratically in regard to the unelected chancers raking it in as our head of state, but have a big problem with someone voicing their opinion in a public place. Bravo.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

You bang on about doing things democratically in regard to the unelected chancers raking it in as our head of state, but have a big problem with someone voicing their opinion in a public place. Bravo.

Utter drivel 

I have no issue with them voicing their views. Do it next week after the funeral. The fact is the monarch of our country, his Mother , has just died. If you do not want to get involved to celebrate and mourn her death piss off until after the funeral. Show some bloody respect Regardless of your thoughts. It’s not a lot to ask for 70 years of service to our country

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Listen to Chas groan at the pleb:

Charles should have done a 'Prescott' and jabbed him in the face. With those big hands, it would be like being hit by an anvil. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I have no issue with them voicing their views. Do it next week after the funeral. The fact is the monarch of our country, his Mother , has just died. If you do not want to get involved to celebrate and mourn her death piss off until after the funeral. Show some bloody respect Regardless of your thoughts. It’s not a lot to ask for 70 years of service to our country

Yeah that's where I'm at too

Wouldn't have minded if Charles replied with "my mom's just died and I've got other shit to be getting on with you think I want this parade you prick?" 

Saw something earlier about the grandkids having to stand by her coffin as the cameras filmed their every move and the general public walked passed them, not sure how long that lasted for but I doubt for a second any of them wanted to do that shit or any of this shit 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

If he'd been insulting or actually disrespectful, I might agree. If it was actually at the funeral, I might agree. But he's out there, meeting and greeting people. If he's up to going out and talking to the public, he's got no right to only hear adoration.

• Like 4

Â