The Royal Family

Genie

I for one find it difficult to openly support the monarchy. I think we need to find another reason to be united. We as a people believe in an enormous lot of freedoms and share a progressive sense of the future, we do not need a royal family to reassure us.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

You might be interested to know that places here in the US are flying the flag at half mast which I find to be really weird. 

There's an RAF memorial site near us for an American pilot who died during WW2. The Stars and Stripes has been at half mast all week. I find that weird. 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

You might be interested to know that places here in the US are flying the flag at half mast which I find to be really weird. 

Massive respect to our American brothers and sisters. The special friendship at its best. Very much the same as going to your best friends parents funeral even though you never really knew them, it’s respect and support for a friend at a difficult time👏👏👏👏👏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Massive respect to our American brothers and sisters. The special friendship at its best. Very much the same as going to your best friends parents funeral even though you never really knew them, it’s respect and support for a friend at a difficult time👏👏👏👏👏

This.  

I felt the same after the 9/11 attacks.  The US did not need our help.  But it got our support. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

On the scale of Things That Are Weird About All This, that one barely registers, tbh. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

On the scale of Things That Are Weird About All This, that one barely registers, tbh. 

Yesterday the BBC devoted 20 minutes of live TV to a 72 year old woman dressed in skin tight white leggings and thigh high leather boots standing next to a coffin.  

17 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Yesterday the BBC devoted 20 minutes of live TV to a 72 year old woman dressed in skin tight white leggings and thigh high leather boots standing next to a coffin.  

Wondered what had happened to Nadine Dorries

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, mrchnry said:

And if you thought there was any escaping it. Everything will be shut and it will be on the majority of channels. I'm hoping that streaming services don't suspend during the funeral.

20220916_171834.jpg

James Acaster is far from impressed.

They just interviewed and dad and his daughter. When the daughter was asked why they came, the dad was mouthing what she was saying at the same time. What the ****

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Haha 1

The kids get to meet Benjamin Zephaniah next week as part of a windrush topic at school - I could not have been more supportive of that. Meanwhile posh slave owners get to dominate everything including outpatient appointments on Monday - it's **** up. 

• Like 3

Â