The Royal Family

Genie

13 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It's not anti Tory hatred. It's just what happens when you've listened to Rees Mogg too much. The guy is a dick.

I thank you for the video though because I was trying to find it. And yep, it's not cute! It's like seeing a little group of baby bedbugs.

He epitomises every single thing wrong with Tories, class systems and modern UK governance. He’s one of the worst people in the country. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's because of Covid.  That all started with coffin.

Sorry. I desperately need it to be the weekend.

There is a joke to be made about an old bat. I won't go there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

If someone dies in The Queue, will other members of The Queue queue up to pay their respects to their brethren when the time comes?

It'll be like the Everest climbers, they'll pass the fallen but crack on, acknowledge what they're doing is extremely dangerous and that it could be them.

Especially if they're over 70. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

blimey , that's a new level of anti tory hatred even by VT standards  

I found it on line for you , i know you'll love it  :) 

Jacob Rees-Mogg and family pay respects to Queen (yahoo.com) 

"come on boys, everyone in a line, bow of our heads, just like we rehearsed. come on darling, you curtsied much lowed than than when we were practicing in our living room earlier. alfred - you were out of time there with your head bow. back of the line everyone, and make sure we all get it right next time"

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well that’s what you get with Brexiteers, the rest of the world would realise that parliament isn’t sitting until after the funeral

that's what you get with remainers  , the rest of the world realises that MP's still work when they aren't sitting in parliament  :P 

that's partly why the summer recess exists so they can do their constituency work and not just top up their tan at the taxpayers expense 

16 hours ago, bickster said:

He'll have a negative approval rating by the new year

I think the only thing that will get rid of the monarchy is the Tory party.

Just as they are the party of "the Union", they purport to be the party of the monarchy.

They are the most likely to break up the Union, or at least see a united Ireland.

And they are the most likely to break the monarchy or at least reduce it if they can find a way to take the land, money and assets for themselves and "interested parties", rather than return them to the people, or do good for the people.

35 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Not that I'm watching a queue 24 /7 on Tv but I haven't seen any celebs / high profile so I'm not sure  

Celebs don’t actually walk past the coffin. The VIP Lane takes them to a box situated above where the camera is, where Pimms and marmalade sandwiches are provided, and TVs show live horse racing.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 1

I wonder how the queen would feel about a very short sketch with Paddington being one of the lasting memories of her life.

It'd be like watching a Beatles documentary the week before you died and them being the soundtrack to your funeral and every word removed showing up dressed in flares.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I wonder how the queen would feel about a very short sketch with Paddington being one of the lasting memories of her life.

I assumed it was people with young children mainly going down the Paddington route , but it does seem to be more wide spread than that  ..

guess you're only as good as your last performance and nobody really wanted to be turning their facebook profiles into pictures of cheese with the union flag on them , so Paddington got the nod 

on the Paddington thing , it was a great sketch , surely even the most cold hearted VT'er raised a tiny tiny smile for a few nano seconds  when they saw it :) 

9 minutes ago, villaglint said:

In example number 78931 of the country going quite mad.

An Italian friend has a son studying at Uni UK. They received an email this week offering free counselling services for anyone who is struggling mentally to process the passing of the Queen. 

My son said the same. When he was at school the day after her death they made it clear they had people to talk to for anyone struggling.

22 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

on the Paddington thing , it was a great sketch , surely even the most cold hearted VT'er raised a tiny tiny smile for a few nano seconds  when they saw it

Yep, even I liked it. 

friend of ours works in Waitrose , she just messaged Mrs H and said the store is rammed as people are panic buying as the store isn't open on Monday 

where's an American postal worker when you need one 

Â