VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

7 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Have you just travelled from May 2019?

Maybe

saw it in the same report, blame the retarded news types

I'm really not sure why they put shit like this out, must be to confuse us old pharts

Edited by rjw63

4 hours ago, snowychap said:

Jonathan Sacks.

I thought they were talking about the guy who did the commentary in Gladiators when I heard that on the radio earlier, then I thought how the **** do I remember the name of the guy who did the commentary in Gladiators?  It was about 25 years ago.

• Haha 1

Not quite sure who to compare him to in the UK. Genuinely seemed like a great human and the nightly 6pm show was something families often watched together. (Including grandparents, kids etc.)  I know we did.

His last taping was Oct 29th and will be aired on Christmas day. :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Not quite sure who to compare him to in the UK. Genuinely seemed like a great human and the nightly 6pm show was something families often watched together. (Including grandparents, kids etc.)  I know we did.

His last taping was Oct 29th and will be aired on Christmas day. :(

I have an account that allows me to get tv that I would not otherwise get. My first request of the person that supplies this was jeopardy. I watch and enjoy it regularly. Zero chaff, highly intelligent with a little pop culture. Love it. 

• Like 1

Yeah, my wife and I watch it a lot as well. Great for some fairly mindless entertainment over dinner or whatever, and I have to agree that he came across as a very nice guy. There are plenty of old episodes available on Netflix for anyone interested in watching it/reminiscing.

• Like 1

Was amazed to just see that Wearside Jack who tried to throw the police off the scent with hoax calls and letters was arrested in 2005 after a cold case review identified DNA on a fragment of letter.  Served 4 years.   Not sure how I missed that before. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was amazed to just see that Wearside Jack who tried to throw the police off the scent with hoax calls and letters was arrested in 2005 after a cold case review identified DNA on a fragment of letter.  Served 4 years.   Not sure how I missed that before. 

4 years wasnt enough. 

• Like 2

One of the most botched police investigations in history surely. They interviewed him, in the various sweeps of potential suspects, about 10 times IIRC, and even had a guy that knew him twice tell them 'you need to investigate this guy I know I'm sure he's the Ripper', and they still only got him by accident. 

There's some really bizarre details behind his crimes as well. Wearing a jumper upside down under his trousers so he could toss off over the bodies without stripping. He also didn't really have the 'frenzied' period that many serial killers have which is usually the point at which they get caught, he just kept going attacking and killing at pace for years.

Â