VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

Also just noticed that Pat Patterson (WWE) had died.

Very interesting guy (the first ever openly gay wrestler) and I was only listening to the SCSA Podcast episode with him on last week. Came across as a genuinely nice bloke.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Also just noticed that Pat Patterson (WWE) had died.

Very interesting guy (the first ever openly gay wrestler) and I was only listening to the SCSA Podcast episode with him on last week. Came across as a genuinely nice bloke.

spacer.png

SKIDMARKS ! 

RIP PP brilliant in WWF when I watched 

Daria Nicolodi, 70.

A bit of a niche one here, but I trust among the classy aesthetes of Villa Talk her name won't be entirely unrecognised.

Former partner of Italian horror maestro Dario Argento, co-writer of Suspiria, and mother of metoo heel-turner Asia Argento.  It was noted, with some accuracy, that Nicolodi was killed off in an increasingly grisly and elaborate fashion in Inferno, Phenomena, Opera etc.  But she's still immortalised amidst dazzling colour and architecture in Argento's finest.

image.png.d1ad53f6b98ed4014f462fdcd8b4bb57.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The fell runner and sports shop owner Pete Bland (no relation to VT's @blandy, I assume?) has died from Coronavirus. 

No relation, but he gave me a discount for having the same name. Also Tony, who runs my local newsagent/Post Office knew him.

On 03/12/2020 at 08:01, It's Your Round said:

I’ve only just noticed your comment. Wondering what you meant... I googled it. I can safely say that stinks! 

Lol, that's not actually what I meant.   I was referring to the disagreement between "shocker" and "not a surprise" and almost bolded surprise instead.

4 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Lol, that's not actually what I meant.   I was referring to the disagreement between "shocker" and "not a surprise" and almost bolded surprise instead.

Haha, I did wonder. I think what I meant was the news came as a shock, but on reflection it shouldn’t have been. Anyway, I’ve learnt a new phrase now at least :lol:

• Like 1

On 06/12/2020 at 11:34, bickster said:

Peter Alliss, BBC Good Walk Ruined Commentator gone at 89

I think John Cleese sums him up perfectly, 

The most sane and comforting voice I ever heard I always thought that I could cope with the ending of the world if only Peter was commentating on it 

and this gem for Alliss

'If...you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, you may have misinterpreted the situation.'

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 3

Â