VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Main headline on BBC 6 o'clock news, ahead of Brexit talks. 

Should have been an 'and finally...'. 

EDIT: And pretty much the whole BBC1 evening schedule given over to a Babs-fest. Don't get it. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

EDIT: And pretty much the whole BBC1 evening schedule given over to a Babs-fest. Don't get it. 

It was like that during the lunchtime news. First 10 minutes nothing but Babs, next 5 were covid, next 5 were Brexit.

As for Windsor, she’s filed along with Cilla in the “well clearly people don’t just like her, they adore her, quite why is unclear to me” department. 

Based on today’s media mourning, it’s apparent that the nation held Windsor in a higher regard than, say, Des O’Connor, which hadn’t been immediately obvious to me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

People who like EastEnders *really* like EastEnders 🤷‍♂️

Sure. But I don’t recall Mike Reid receiving anywhere near this kind of outpouring of grief, so the devotion to Walford only explains so much. 

And yes, I’m using Reid as my example because Leslie Grantham isn’t going to be of any help.

I think I really underestimated how much people on telly liked Barbara Windsor, normal people are basically saying thats sad and shrugging their shoulders. Everyone on telly, Peoples Princess. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Sure. But I don’t recall Mike Reid receiving anywhere near this kind of outpouring of grief, so the devotion to Walford only explains so much. 

And yes, I’m using Reid as my example because Leslie Grantham isn’t going to be of any help.

Good point to be fair. Maybe it's more like she had a very populist career, and appealed to different audiences. Like, the women love EastEnders, and the horny geezers love the Carry On films. Even the Serious Arts types can praise her early theatre work, so there's a bit of something for everyone.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Good point to be fair. Maybe it's more like she had a very populist career, and appealed to different audiences. Like, the women love EastEnders, and the horny geezers love the Carry On films. Even the Serious Arts types can praise her early theatre work, so there's a bit of something for everyone.

Even those that love gangsters

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â