VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one in my age range who is only really aware of who Frank Bough was because of the scandals.

I guess for those of us who've been around a bit longer he was the voice of Saturday afternoon and Grandstand

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

You can't judge a book by it's cover... Straight faced, ever the professional broadcaster but boy what a (not so) private life. Cocaine, Hookers, wearing lingerie and a dungeon orgy. Only Frank could come back from a sex and drugs scandal to have another one only a few years later

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one in my age range who is only really aware of who Frank Bough was because of the scandals.

Yeah, for my generation he was the very definition of staid, dull TV presenter, the very LAST person you would expect to get those headlines. Just trying to think of some present day equivalent - Matt Baker? Jeff Stelling? 

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, for my generation he was the very definition of staid, dull TV presenter, the very LAST person you would expect to get those headlines. Just trying to think of some present day equivalent - Matt Baker? Jeff Stelling? 

For us down here, Nick Owen. 

Chris Hugget, Audio engineer.

Designed the Electronic Dream Plant Wasp, The Oxford Synthesiser Company OSCar, co designed the Akai S1000 and S3000 and then went to Novation to design the Bass Station and Super Nova II.

These are all fairly big deals if you're into electronic music?

• Sad 1

On 22/10/2020 at 04:03, HanoiVillan said:

Just seen this one. One of the more appealing voices in skepticism tbh:

"Uri Geller, the professed mentalist known for his serial abuse of flatware"  :crylaugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/10/2020 at 15:24, Xann said:

Chris Hugget, Audio engineer.

Designed the Electronic Dream Plant Wasp, The Oxford Synthesiser Company OSCar, co designed the Akai S1000 and S3000 and then went to Novation to design the Bass Station and Super Nova II.

These are all fairly big deals if you're into electronic music?

No one could emulate that. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

Difficult to respond to Bobby Ball dying that isnt petty and nasty. I worked with him, I had run ins with him. I disliked him. I don’t wish him death but I wouldn’t mourn him. 

File under Peter Kay, same reputation behind the scenes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Difficult to respond to Bobby Ball dying that isnt petty and nasty. I worked with him, I had run ins with him. I disliked him. I don’t wish him death but I wouldn’t mourn him. 

Another happy childhood memory ruined :wacko:

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I wasn't going to mention it, but that's exactly the same experience as someone I know who worked with him.

Shame, I used to find them quite funny when I was a nipper.

Â