VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Superb at improv 

Who's line is it anyway was quite ahead of its time when you think about it. 

Think of all the subsequent TV shows now that showcase the talent of comedians in a faux competition format.  I don't remember a show doing that before then, and now there are hundreds.  Comedians almost don't need to do any more stand up once they get on the TV circuit. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

John Sessions, 67. Heart attack. 

"I get so bored with people going, 'Ukip are a bunch of racists.' They're nothing of the kind. Nigel Farage talks more sense than the rest of the politicians put together. The United States of Europe is madness...."

Indie

As much as he was good at Improv, he was still a bit of a smart alec rocket polisher. There was always something a bit unlikeable about him. Then he became a Leaver...

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

Indie

As much as he was good at Improv, he was still a bit of a smart alec rocket polisher. There was always something a bit unlikeable about him. Then he became a Leaver...

I don't begrudge someone wanting to leave because they don't agree with the goals and processes of the EU, especially not back in 2013 when that interview was given.

If he still thought Farage was a stand up guy after the last few years, I'd have very little time for him politically, but frankly, he was a funny bloke, and he kept the politics out of his work, so what he believed is his own business. Sad to see him gone regardless. 

On 03/11/2020 at 13:27, mjmooney said:

John Sessions, 67. Heart attack. 

Bit late to the party with this one, but this is my favourite thing he was a part of:

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Geoffrey Palmer was such an fantastic understated comic actor. I can’t recall anything I saw him in where I didn’t love him. 
He even made sacred cows like Fawlty Towers enjoyable. 

• Like 1

Â