195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

55 minutes ago, jonjon said:

It was a well documented fact that DS wanted Maupay, but Villa baulked at the price (unknown)and I believe he was over ruled, that was a big mistake, I also believe that Wesley was the choice of Pitach, and that hasn’t worked out at all, Brighton took a gamble on Maupay instead, and that seems to have paid off.

Doesn’t explain why he keeps on playing him. I also don’t believe this is true. Smith said it himself he had the final say on signings - he needs to take responsibility (alongside Pitarch). I think to absolve him of anything on recruitment is wrong in my opinion.

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

It's interesting looking at the poll how the volume of posts doesn't equate to the balance of opinion.

VT can look more "fickle" and angry than it is because of a small number of posters who repeat the same points over and over again. Clearly there isn't much support for Fat Sam to take over, and rightly so.

Unless a top manager like Poch becomes available (very unlikely) we should stick with Smith. No point in rolling the dice on one of the rescue job merchants - most of those rescue jobs have been achieved by signing new players, or regressing to the mean with squads that shouldn't have been in the relegation zone in the first place.

I think Sheffield Utd's outstanding performance so far this season has got in a few of our fans' heads. The fact is the rest of the table is looking largely as expected, and there are several teams around us (Bournemouth, Norwich, West Ham) whose form is even worse than ours. There's still every chance that we stay up with a couple of good signings in January.

Totally agree.

I will also add that changing managers just before or during a transfer window is probably the worst possible timing.

I was hoping upheaval would no longer become second nature for Villa.

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would expect the standard mistake of Terry taking over, getting a few early results, being awarded the job permanently and then go on a 10 game losing streak. 

You've just made me think actually...

What are the chances that JT has been sabotaging the defensive coaching so Deano gets the boot and he can step in and save the day? 

MV5BYWFjYjIxOTYtYmM3Zi00NjVjLWFjNjgtMjU4NWRkN2NhNmQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE3MDg1OTE@._V1_UY268_CR148,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Smith isn't doing well.

The players arent doing well.

We will buy players next week.

We may survive / we may not. 

Relax.

If we divided Poch s votes between smith and Sam the poll would look more representative. 

Its Sunday - no work tomorrow - let the anger go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

And yet you think that dinosaur of a manager is the right call?? Jeez....You can't make this shit up!

Allardyce keep teams up. He is a quick fix which is what we need right now.

Pellegrini is more of a long term appointment, even tho he is old.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

The club has to give Smith until the end of the season. This league takes no prisoners but he needs to be given a proper chance, clubs that constantly swap managers never succeed over time.

3-4 decent smart signings and a review of our approach ought to be enough as it’s still very tight down the bottom. We were always going to struggle, and especially with so little fire power. For me it’s all started to go wrong the more heavily we rely on Jack, it’s like everyone else has a crisis of self belief, this is reflected in the spread of goals drying up too.

The Allardyce option is hardly progressive and will hopefully be avoided. I would rather go down and be patient than panic and tear it all up. There is a plan for the club and ‘sticking plasters‘ are not part of it.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

It's interesting looking at the poll how the volume of posts doesn't equate to the balance of opinion.

VT can look more "fickle" and angry than it is because of a small number of posters who repeat the same points over and over again. Clearly there isn't much support for Fat Sam to take over, and rightly so.

Unless a top manager like Poch becomes available (very unlikely) we should stick with Smith. No point in rolling the dice on one of the rescue job merchants - most of those rescue jobs have been achieved by signing new players, or regressing to the mean with squads that shouldn't have been in the relegation zone in the first place.

I agree and sometimes I drop off this board for a long period because of it so I’m glad there is some common sense in the Villa community and on this board

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The club has to give Smith until the end of the season. This league takes no prisoners but he needs to be given a proper chance, clubs that constantly swap managers never succeed over time.

3-4 decent smart signings and a review of our approach ought to be enough as it’s still very tight down the bottom. We were always going to struggle, and especially with so little fire power. For me it’s all started to go wrong the more heavily we rely on Jack, it’s like everyone else has a crisis of self belief, this is reflected in the spread of goals drying up too.

The Allardyce option is hardly progressive and will hopefully be avoided. I would rather go down and be patient than panic and tear it all up. There is a plan for the club and ‘sticking plasters‘ are not part of it.

Probably the most sensible post I've read since yesterday.

I was completely Smith Out on the bus home from Watford last night, but I agree if we get rid of him we are back into the quick fix cycle. Allardyce bringing in players who most likely won't fit into the team for next seasons manager, no progression.

However questions need to be asked of Smith, and he needs to quickly adapt what he's doing because right now it just isn't working.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The club has to give Smith until the end of the season. This league takes no prisoners but he needs to be 

This, this, this.

• Like 1

Dean is known to have losing and winning runs. Let's pray the current run of defeats quickly becomes a run of wins before we are done for. There is a clear choice. Replace him, in the hope of getting a new manager bounce, or stick with him, back him next month and trust him to pull us out of this alarming nosedive. We have changed managers before in previous seasons and it doesn't always get the desired outcome. Clubs have stuck with their managers and they have either kept their club up or brought them back up the following season. 

We won't attract Potch and I doubt Rafa will be up for another fight at the wrong end of the table. We can suggest names from abroad, but would they hit the ground running? We might tempt current PL managers like Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche, to abandon their clubs, by throwing money at them, but I doubt they would want to take the risk. Or we could go for the likes of Jokanovic or Bilic, who might fancy another shot at the PL now. It might however, be a choice of Sam, Harry, Moyes, Warnock, Pulis or of sticking with what we've got...      

10 minutes ago, John said:

Dean is known to have losing and winning runs. Let's pray the current run of defeats quickly becomes a run of wins before we are done for. There is a clear choice. Replace him, in the hope of getting a new manager bounce, or stick with him, back him next month and trust him to pull us out of this alarming nosedive. We have changed managers before in previous seasons and it doesn't always get the desired outcome. Clubs have stuck with their managers and they have either kept their club up or brought them back up the following season. 

We won't attract Potch and I doubt Rafa will be up for another fight at the wrong end of the table. We can suggest names from abroad, but would they hit the ground running? We might tempt current PL managers like Eddie Howe or Sean Dyche, to abandon their clubs, by throwing money at them, but I doubt they would want to take the risk. Or we could go for the likes of Jokanovic or Bilic, who might fancy another shot at the PL now. It might however, be a choice of Sam, Harry, Moyes, Warnock, Pulis or of sticking with what we've got...      

Understand and agree with what your saying, but i feel there is something seriously wrong . lets hope the 10 game run is coming , because i don't understand what the long term plan or strategy is. 

• Like 1

Â