195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

You knew how Leicester would play, I knew how Leicester would play but Smith set us up so Vardy could play exactly how he likes. He played Elmo when Guilbert had the pace to deal with home and as a consequence we got twated. 

I agree that Kodja probably isn't good enough but I ask could he have done any worse than Wesley has done in the last 3 - 4 games. He hasn't even tried him.

Today he played with Jack, Lansbury, Jota and Connor and we got out muscled. Who would have thought it.............

I was furious pre game today with the line up but then I corrected myself because I had wanted him to try something different after Southampton and Norwich and thought he was trying to play a possession/passing game with Lansbury and Jota in.  I assume he’d seen some weakness in Watford’s play previously hence the slower players but more technical ability.  That obviously failed.

Re Kodjia, yes he would be worse, he’s never recovered since his injury even in the championship.  I think he was never meant to be in the squad this season but Davis injury changed that.

I like Howe. Really do. He's in a poor spell at Bournemouth at the minute but remarkable the job he's done there. I don't think you can undervalue the importance of domestic players in the league you are playing in. He has a great eye for good british talent. Lewis Cook a steal, bad luck with injury, Gosling is a real pro - gets it. Even his spell at Burnley, signed Mee, Trippier and Ings.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

1 hour ago, sne said:

You seriously not gonna add any more options to that poll?

It's like asking people what their favorite food is and only having these 5 options.

• Meat
  • Paella
  • The stuff you scrape out of the fryer when you make fish& chips
  • Snails
  • Or cake that's gone bad

snails nom nom nom!

9 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I don’t know if this is ever happened but would it be possible to like demote Dean Smith? Like keep him as a coach but get someone else in as a manager? Like we all love him and want him at the club but he might be out of his depth for now? Someone experienced to pull us out of this mess while he assists? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I don’t know if this is ever happened but would it be possible to like demote Dean Smith? Like keep him as a coach but get someone else in as a manager? Like we all love him and want him at the club but he might be out of his depth for now? Someone experienced to pull us out of this mess while he assists? 

I'm sure he'd love that :D

Just now, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Worse how? Seriously, think about this a sec, what could he possibly being doing worse than the current option? 

What could be worse? Kodjia

Have you seen him even today.  People have seen him score against some Liverpool kids a few weeks back and he’s our saviour.  He was bad in the championship when he came back from injury and suddenly he’s going to do it in the PL, give me a break.  Suggest Trez or El Ghazi through the middle, I wouldn’t be totally pro on that but let’s give it a go but this thought of Kodjia replacing Wes is a nonstarter for me.

6 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Wolves’ owner is close to Mendes, they then ‘parked’ some of his premier league quality  ‘clients’ at Wolves whilst they were in the championship. They got the playing time together and then after promotion sprinkled a few experienced heads alongside the gems and have successfully managed to get good results in the top league and in Europe. 

We have been run by pinky and perky recently. One of our previous managers left us on the eve of the season and we bought in a brilliant replacement but he had a health problem. 
Our current regime have to sort out the mess of recent managers and owners who for various reasons messed up. Our previous manager loved right backs. We went on a miracle run and qualified for the big league. 

Then we have had to buy in lots of players to plug gaps. We just need to survive. 

It was only three seasons ago Wolves were managed by Paul Lambert who predictably had them close to relegation zone in the championship and on a long scoreless run. That was with likes of Helder Costa and Ivan Cavaliero already playing for them, Saiss was also there.

I take the Jorge Mendes point but ultimately Wolves have still had to sell the project to likes of Ruben Neves and Moutinho otherwise they'd have just gone to play in Italy or Spain.

I think we have good owners and general good structure now so it's time to prove that now we've hit a bit of turbulance. Purslow has been chief exec at Liverpool so this shouldn't faze him at all.

We still have lots to sell. In the premier league which is enough for many players, we have 40k regularly turning up and that won't change this season even with the poor form. We're only 3 games away from actually winning a major trophy even if we are big outsiders in that competition. Plenty of decent players will also be looking for more action ahead of euro 2020.

If we don't do anything significant then someone else in our position will just do it (Everton) and then we'll be having mass debates in May as to how they did it and we couldn't.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I like Howe. Really do. He's in a poor spell at Bournemouth at the minute but remarkable the job he's done there. I don't think you can undervalue the importance of domestic players in the league you are playing in. He has a great eye for good british talent. Lewis Cook a steal, bad luck with injury, Gosling is a real pro - gets it. Even his spell at Burnley, signed Mee, Trippier and Ings.

I do think Eddie Howe would be one to seriously consider at end of the season, think he's taken Bournemouth as far as he can now.

Given his emotional attachment to them he wouldn't walk out mid season when they're in serious danger of relegation and certainly not to a major rival in that battle.

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What could be worse? Kodjia

Have you seen him even today.  People have seen him score against some Liverpool kids a few weeks back and he’s our saviour.  He was bad in the championship when he came back from injury and suddenly he’s going to do it in the PL, give me a break.  Suggest Trez or El Ghazi through the middle, I wouldn’t be totally pro on that but let’s give it a go but this thought of Kodjia replacing Wes is a nonstarter for me.

Kodjia scores goals in The Championship. Could Wes do that?

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He scored 9 in 2020 minutes last season, often playing out wide. 16/17 19 in 40.

The two bad injuries in 2017 have reduced his effectiveness.

To only bring him on as sub when 3-0 down and not when games are in balance is a bit of an insult though especially when the starting forward isn't good enough to play week in week out at this level.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He scored 9 in 2020 minutes last season, often playing out wide. 16/17 19 in 40.

a whole 9 in the Championship?, better sign him up to a contract extension before Barcelona come calling!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

a whole 9 in the Championship?, better sign him up to a contract extension before Barcelona come calling!

They'll probably go for Wesley first with his 1 goal every 430 minutes record, and fantastic all round play. Kodjia is a better striker than Wesley.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Â