195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

a whole 9 in the Championship?, better sign him up to a contract extension before Barcelona come calling!

I mean, 13 goals in  38 appearances in the Belgium league isn't much better. In fact, his minute per goal ratio in his last season in the Belgium league was 239, worse than Kodjia's rate of 224 if the person who posted the above stats is right. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean, 13 goals in  38 appearances in the Belgium league isn't much better. In fact, his minute per goal ratio in his last season in the Belgium league was 239 worse than Kodjia's rate of 224 if the person who posted the above stats is right.

Got it off Transfermarkt

Anyone saying Poch, Rafa etc get your head out the **** clouds. The whole 'we're Aston Villa' arrogance rose tinted glasses are on again. Know our place, we are a side fighting relegation with a championship side. We ain't getting no top manager. The likes of Big fat Sam and Pulis is what we'd be looking at until the end of the season should Smith go, whether people like it or not. Pure delusion.

2 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Anyone saying Poch, Rafa etc get your head out the **** clouds. The whole 'we're Aston Villa' arrogance rose tinted glasses are on again. Know our place, we are a side fighting relegation with a championship side. We ain't getting no top manager. The likes of Big fat Sam and Pulis is what we'd be looking at until the end of the season should Smith go, whether people like it or not. Pure delusion.

Klopp it is then.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

No one thinks Kodj is our saviour, in fact many have pointed out specifically that they think he's trash, but they still think he deserves a chance to do something for us in light of Wes's form.

Why are people so damn afraid of trying something new up front? We're not losing anything with dropping Wes for awhile ffs.

Don’t think people are afraid of doing something different but I’m guessing the management don’t have any faith in Kodjia at all given he’s not getting on the pitch.  At least when Davis was fit he was getting game time as a sub whereas Kodjia is getting almost nothing despite how Wes is playing. Says exactly what the management think of him.  Maybe he has nothing in training or has said he wants to leave.  Something is there because he’s getting nothing.  I was surprised he got on today but we were desperate.

Keep Smith. 

I started the season thinking we should finish 10th-14th. This was clearly misguided optimism! The fact is...we finished 5th in the Championship last year (and had to go on a record breaking run to do so), should we expect to be comfortably staying up in the league above?

Yes, we are in a horrible run of form at the moment. Think the Leicester defeat has knocked us more than we’ve realised. There are things Dean needs to do to improve the team but he should be given time to do this. I’d keep him even if we got relegated this season. The thought of Allardyce being our manager depresses me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, MikeAVFC said:

Poch I agree, but Rafa managed Newcastle in the Championship and stayed there with barely no money to spend. Don't think it's ridiculous to think we could get him. 

Dean is out of his depth and if the 3rd richest owners in the Premier League are serious about what they want to do with our football club they will act accordingly and quickly.

They will then go all out to get either Pochitnno, Biesla or Nuno. If Everton can get Carlo Ancelotti !!!!!!!

Pay enough money and they will come. Simple as that. Pound notes talk.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chappy said:

Keep Smith. 

I started the season thinking we should finish 10th-14th. This was clearly misguided optimism! The fact is...we finished 5th in the Championship last year (and had to go on a record breaking run to do so), should we expect to be comfortably staying up in the league above?

Yes, we are in a horrible run of form at the moment. Think the Leicester defeat has knocked us more than we’ve realised. There are things Dean needs to do to improve the team but he should be given time to do this. I’d keep him even if we got relegated this season. The thought of Allardyce being our manager depresses me.

I agree, at the start of the season I always feared losing Jack, McGinn or Mings, as the squad was so new and untested. Dean Smith may have his faults but appears we've not got the squad we need for prem football - and are desperately lacking leaders on the pitch. Just do not want a short term manager to come in - would rather DS stays whatever happens - even if relegated.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Poch will be looking at clubs like Man United, Real Madrid, PSG for his next job. His name shouldn’t be anywhere near this thread.

Exactly! Together with the fact he's on gardening leave (apparently) on a big fat bonus not to manage anybody else for a year. 

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I agree, at the start of the season I always feared losing Jack, McGinn or Mings, as the squad was so new and untested. Dean Smith may have his faults but appears we've not got the squad we need for prem football - and are desperately lacking leaders on the pitch. Just do not want a short term manager to come in - would rather DS stays whatever happens - even if relegated.

But he didn't lose Jack, McGinn, and Mings so......

5 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Watch this and tell me you don't believe these guys will have very little sentiment when it comes to changing the Head Coach. They are 100% business guys through and through

We'll see. They wanted Henry initially. That was the worst kept secret ever. Might be good business people but might not have a scooby about football. Time will tell. Be burned too often before.

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

1 hour ago, MikeAVFC said:

We have 2nd richest owners in Premier League

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

If they do sack Smith and I dont think they will. Jesse Marsch would be near the top of the list I would imagine

From Wisconsin as well like the Bucks :detect:

I dunno, im a bit funny about American coaches to be fair. I don't think been the top dog in a league where you are expected to be the top dog and have far greater financial muscle than others, carries much weight. They gave Liverpool a fair rattle in the CL though. Kudos.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I dunno, im a bit funny about American coaches to be fair. I don't think been the top dog in a league where you are expected to be the top dog and have far greater financial muscle than others, carries much weight. They gave Liverpool a fair rattle in the CL though. Kudos.

He is held highly regarded in the RB management but with Nagelsmann being so young he probably wont get the RB Leipzig job for a good timeframe. The last RB Salzburg manager is 2nd in the Bundesliga now 

Â