Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

I thought the season might pan out like this, but we've done slightly better than I imagined.  When a new squad is assembled, results turn, pressure rises, morale drops extremely fast and apart from the people who have been at the club longest (jack), they don't fight, they hide.

The ball turns into a nuclear potato and no-one wants it.  No-one wants to receive critism, no-one wants the flak, no-one wants to do anything that is unpredictable and safe.  Meanwhile, the fans turn more sour, the demands grow larger and vitriol rises.

Its a poisonous circle.

The cycle tells us we'll get a new manager, he'll want a new team, we'll sell our best players and the circle will start over for another 18 months.  We'll probably get relegated too.

So do you stick with what you have? And go for the stability in the face of relegation? Or do you go down the route we've been down before, and gamble on someone?  Someone safe, like Steve Bruce?

When you got a man advantage what should you do? Keep possession make the opposition run after the ball. Tire them out.

What do we do? Long range shots, try to dribble into no man's land. Leave 2 men at the back, let them free space to counter

This is schoolboy stuff. Really is embarrassing management.

Edited by villalad21

2 shots in the whole game. This is pathetic and the worse thing is I expected it. Every game no shots from us plenty for the opposition regardless of its its Man City or Norwich. The players are poor and the manager is average. Not convinced smith will get us promoted again next season with out jack  McGinn and mings

1 minute ago, Dale said:

I don't understand the abuse of Smith, if he goes it's absolutely best wishes and grateful for what he gave us last season. He's a better manager than Lampard, just not suited to the battle at all. He'd do fine higher up any league. 

I don’t think anyone would disagree I think emotions are just running high. 

• Like 1