Match Thread: Villa v Norwich

limpid

Need jota on.

Not sure it will change anything though, group of headless chickens.

Everyone but grealish going forward looks like a rabbit in the headlights, how can we be so poor at keeping the ball.....

• Like 2

As much as we need better players we need a better system, our shape is awful and causing us to concede far more points than the poor performances of certain players. 

It is so so easy to play through us, I feel for Nakamba at times it feels as if he has to cover the whole midfield area. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Have you watched the first half? He's given it away at least twice as he panics. Just puts it anywhere first time as he doesn't want the responsibility.

He's been in the right place twice to score. Yes, he's bottled them, but at least he's there. We have players nowhere near scoring positions, I'd take them off.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm starting to get to the point of wondering if signing players would be papering over cracks.

Benrahma would be a huge improvement over Trezeguet for starters. Some of our new signings just aren't up for it yet.

I think that's been a pretty even first half. ElGhazi misses at least one easy chance a game. 

It's also been a exhibition of terrible refing. The lad McLean has taken to diving when anyone comes within 20ft of him as the ref keeps giving him freekicks. 

Big second half needed. 

I'm going to moan about this again.

We have one competent creative player on the books. We've seen Jack can pose a threat from the edge of the box. We've seen, over several seasons, he's not much cop at set pieces. 

Instead of utilising his threat, when we have a corner, Jack clearings in the woods it in. We have a free kick at the half way line. Jack clearings in the woods it in.

Why the ****, after a year in the job, can such clear, obvious mistakes be cut out. Our only plan seems to be "just let Jack do everything". It's **** piss poor, and if this is all Smith can come up with working with these players week in, week out, what the **** is he playing at? 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Unless there is a radical new approach, we are going down. This team creates nothing, our crosses are useless, our set pieces without Hourihane are terrible. We have no options in attack from the bench.

Why play Nakamba when we need to win and are at home, it’s not like we are away at Man City.

Just now, Herman22 said:

I think that's been a pretty even first half. ElGhazi misses at least one easy chance a game. 

It's also been a exhibition of terrible refing. The lad McLean has taken to diving when anyone comes within 20ft of him as the ref keeps giving him freekicks. 

Big second half needed. 

Agreed. It was a dire performance from both teams. We’re better than them imo