Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

11 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

There’s no movement. Is the strategy to keep it tight or something and not go mental with the attacking football? 

Sorry to say it but this is a little bit Lambert reminiscent.

He tried to play offensive football at first but once the results didn't come he slowly reverted to negative, defensive football.

This is a performance Steve Bruce would be proud of. Scary thing is it's not looking like it's the players. It looks like it's a game plan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaCas said:

Not for me it’s not. Would like us to do more going forward obviously but Happy with 0-0. 

We’re in a relegation battle, a point away to a top half team is fine but I think we can get more than that second half

I too would be happy with 0-0 under the circumstances.

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

This is just lazy, until we can control the ball and string more than 3 passes together how do you expect him to come into the game.

He has had some decent flick ons but no other Villa player is any where near him!

He does nothing, makes no runs at all, truly awful.

• Confused 1

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

This is just lazy, until we can control the ball and string more than 3 passes together how do you expect him to come into the game.

He has had some decent flick ons but no one is any where near him!

Agree.  This is not the match to be singling him out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

How have I only just found out that Wesley was a father of two at 16?!

It's not surprising really. I mean he has absolutely no control whatsoever. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Hard to know what to make of that, both teams have been very poor.

I think at half time I'd have Trezeguet on for Lansbury and put Grealish down the middle. Not that Lansbury has particularly done anything wrong, but we desperately need to get Grealish more involved and putting him down the middle will help that - in addtion, Trez gives us another option of someone who can score on their own - which is something we need if we're not going to pass the ball well.

I'll take 0-0 if it stays this way.

I make it four hours of play since our centre forward had a shot.

He's gifted possession on at least 3 occasion with those cross field balls. If we make a change it has to be Lansbury. I vote Douglas only because I would like to keep the midfield tight and keep Jack away from picking up that 5th yellow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gonna come off as blindly defending Wesley here, but again.

I'm genuinely baffled at how much shite, misplaced passes, terrible decisions and lack of effort i've seen from at least 5 or 6 other players on the pitch, yet all I am seeing is him name lmao.

"He should be holding it up top", are you lot even watching the same **** match?

We haven't even reached "Up top "

I think he's a dreadful player, but he's had nothing today, we barely get it out of our **** half

• Like 1

Between Wes being allergic to the ball and El Ghazi giving it away every single time he touches it we're struggling to do anything. Can't just rely on Jack and runners just to get up the pitch.

Both need to sort themselves out second half

we have done great first half. frustrated them and silenced the crowd. Hause has been terrific no nonsense row Z centre half performance.

Lansbury has done bits, all the team battling well. Gazi typical gazi he needs to give us some magic wingplay. Sheffield impotent blunt blade nothing to worry about.,

However Wilder will surely tear the paint off the walls half time so the first 10 mins of half 2 will be like the seige at the iraQI Embassy, we need to weather this storm then see if we can nick the points,  smash and grab

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gonna come off as blindly defending Wesley here, but again.

I'm genuinely baffled at how much shite, misplaced passes, terrible decisions and lack of effort i've seen from at least 5 or 6 other players on the pitch, yet all I am seeing is him name lmao.

"He should be holding it up top", are you lot even watching the same **** match?

We haven't even reached "Up top "

Definitely agree with this,.make no doubt about it, I think Wesley is shit. But Guilbert, McGin, El Ghazi, Grealish, Targett have all been woeful in possession. The criticism today should be directed at them more than Wesley